Surgical treatment of perianal thrombosis (program ID: 58805)
Clinic de Genolier Genolier
Alfred-Roland BlaserSpecialized in: general and abdominal surgery
Department of General and Abdominal Surgery
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- physical examination
- review of medical records
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- TSH-basal, fT3, fT4
- indicators of inflammation (CRP, ESR)
- indicators blood coagulation
- abdominal ultrasound
- CT/MRI abdomen
- preoperative care
- surgical treatment of perianal thrombosis
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- nutrition recommendations
- full hospital accommodation
- explanation of future recommendations
- Medical records
You may also book
About the department
The Department of General and Abdominal Surgery at the Clinic de Genolier Genolier offers the full range of services in these medical fields. The main areas of specialization include the surgical treatment of diseases of the digestive organs, endocrine glands, hernias, removal of malignant tumors, removal of appendix, etc. The department is headed by Dr. med. Alfred-Roland Blaser.
The department has state-of-the-art operating rooms equipped with the cutting-edge computer technologies, devices for laparoscopic interventions, precise monitoring systems for the control of vital bodily functions. All the therapeutic measures comply with the strictest standards of modern medicine. Special attention should be given to the high professionalism of the department's surgeons, which allows them to perform extremely complex surgical interventions and at the same time to achieve excellent treatment results.
The service range of the department includes the diagnostics and treatment of the following surgical diseases:
- Anterior abdominal wall hernia
- Umbilical hernia
- Inguinal hernia
- Diaphragmatic hernia
- Acute and chronic appendicitis
- Acute pancreatitis
- Benign and malignant neoplasms of the abdominal cavity and retroperitoneal space
- Gallbladder polyps
- Acute cholecystitis
- Abdominal and retroperitoneal cysts
- Acute bowel obstruction
- Gastric and duodenal ulcer
- Gastric haemorrhage
- Anal fissures
- Purulent diseases of the skin, subcutaneous tissue, soft tissue
- Emergency clinical cases
- Other diseases and pathological conditions
- Laparoscopic surgery for morbid obesity, rectal, biliary tract and stomach diseases.
- Obesity surgery: gastric banding, gastric bypass surgery.
- Colorectal surgery for benign and malignant rectal diseases.
- Anterior abdominal wall surgery, for example, for hernias.
- 2014 - 2015 Head of the Department of Bariatric Surgery, Hirslanden Clinique Cecil, Lausanne.
- 2009 - 2013 Consulting Expert on Hernioplasty using Baxter fibrin sealant.
- 2009 - 2013 Head of the Department of Bariatric Surgery, Nyon Hospital.
- 1999 - 2013 Chief Physician, Department of Surgery, Nyon Hospital.
- 1998 - 1999 Head of the Edouard Herriot Hospital, Lyon.
- 1994 - 1998 Head of the Department of Surgery, Nyon Hospital.
- 1989 - 1994 Assistant Physician in the Department of Surgery.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 2013 Certificate of Competency in Laparoscopic Surgery.
- 2006 Advanced training in General and Emergency Surgery.
- 2003 Advanced training in Abdominal Surgery.
- 2001 - 2016 Continuous professional training in General and Abdominal Surgery, boar certification in General and Abdominal Surgery.
- 1999 Training in Biomedical Engineering, Lausanne.
- 1997 Board certification in Surgery, Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
- 1989 - 1994 Training in Surgery at the Hôpital de Sion and the University Hospital Lausanne.
- 1982 - 1988 Study of Human Medicine at the University of Lausanne.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Swiss Society of Surgery (SSC).
- European Association of Endoscopic Surgery (EDS).
- Swiss Association for Laparoscopic and Thoracoscopic Surgery (ASCLT).
- Swiss Society of General Surgery (SSCG).
- Swiss Society of Abdominal Surgery (SSCV).
- International College for Obesity Treatment (ICOT).
- Swiss Society for the Study of Morbid Obesity (SMOB).
- French Association of Surgery (AFC).
Photo of the doctor: (c) Clinique de Genolier