Clinic for Molecular Orthopedics Duesseldorf
Department of Orthopedics (413078)
Specialized in: orthopedics
About the department
Department of Orthopedics at the Clinic of Molecular Orthopedics Duesseldorf offers the whole range of modern traditional and molecular orthopedics, as well as traumatology, hand surgery, neurosurgery, radiology. Specialists of the department have special expertise in the field of molecular orthopedics. The department specializes in the treatment of degenerative diseases of the joints and spine. All conservative, surgical, and also unique biological methods of treatment are available. Chief Physician of the Department is Dr. med. Marcus Granrath.
Molecular orthopedics is a minimally invasive, biological method for treating degenerative diseases of the joints and spine. This method of treatment uses individual inhibitors and growth factors that are extracted from the patient's blood and then re-injected into the body in the affected areas. They have a protective (regenerative) effect on the cartilage, improve the mobility of the joint, which helps to reduce the pain syndrome. In addition, injections into the area of the spine are often performed.
The department also offers various options for interventional radiology. CT-guided injections are performed to treat the diseases of the spine or the joints that are difficult to access. The essence of the method is to control by CT the position of the injection needle before the procedure. In addition, lumbar puncture as well as treatment of the intervertebral joints are performed under CT control.
If traditional or even injection therapies are ineffective, the specialists of the department offer the full range of orthopedic surgery and neurosurgery. Joint surgery is supported by combined methods with the use of biological materials.
The range of surgical methods for the treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system includes:
- Arthroscopy of all joints (knee, ankle, shoulder, e.a.)
- Cartilage transplantation and restoration
- Total arthroplasty of knee, hip, shoulder and other joints
- Uni-compartmental arthroplasty (partial replacement of knee, hip, shoulder and ankle joints)
- BUMP-surgery on the hip joint
- Knee repositional osteotomy
- Replacement of the cruciate ligament
- Interventions on the knee joint with patellar dislocation
- Endoscopic subacromial decompression of the shoulder (ESD)
- Surgery of the rotator cuff
- Bankart repair of the shoulder
- General metatarsal surgery
- Arthrodesis and partial arthrodesis of the foot
- Arthroscopic and open operations on the elbow joint
- Hand carpal tunnel syndrome surgery
- Surgical treatment of the nerve compression syndrome of the upper extremity and Dupuytren's contracture
- Rheumatoid hand surgery
- Surgical treatment of pseudoarthrosis of the scaphoid bone and osteomalacia (bone softening) of the lunate bone
- Surgical treatment of on arms with scapholunate dissociation
Spine surgery is another area of specialization of the department. Indications can be herniated intervertebral disc, spinal canal stenosis, e.a. Operations are performed under the microscope with maximum accuracy and safety for the patient. In addition, the department is actively engaged in developing intervertebral disc replacement techniques.
The range of surgical methods for the treatment of diseases of the spine includes:
- Minimally invasive operations on intervertebral discs
- Microsurgery for lumbar spinal canal stenosis
- Cervical and lumbar intervertebral disc replacement
- Surgical treatment for spinal rigidity with the use of modern implants and minimal access procedures
- Stem cell transplantation into the intervertebral disk
- Facet coagulation of the cervical and lumbar spine
The department is also a renowned expert in the treatment of diseases of the hand. The department specializes in both conservative and surgical treatment of degenerative diseases of the finger joints, Dupuytren's contracture, nerve compression syndrome, arthrosis of the wrist joint, e.a. The list of services is complemented by sports orthopedics, which deals with the treatment of sports-related injuries and illnesses. Here patients also take advantage of biological methods that accelerate the healing process and protect the joints.
In general, the major activities of the department include:
- Molecular Orthopedics
- Treatment with autologous conditioned plasma
- Manual therapy
- Shock Wave Therapy
- Electro-ultrasound muscular stimulation
- Spine, joint and foot surgery
- Hand surgery
- Diagnosis and treatment of headache
- Diagnosis and treatment of back pain
- Trigger point therapy
- Genetic diagnosis
- 3D diagnostics of the spine
- And other diagnostic and therapeutic options
- Since 1998 Chief Physician of the Orthopedics Department of the Clinic for Molecular Orthopedics in Düsseldorf.
- 1998 Successful specialist exam for orthopedist.
- 1995 - 1998 Researcher at the Orthopedics Clinic, Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf.
- 1993-1995 Researcher of the Department of Surgical Emergencies and Rehabilitation Surgical Aid at the Rudolf Virchow University Hospital in Berlin (also known as Charité).
- 1991 - 1993 Practitioner at the Department of Arthroscopic Surgery and Sports Medicine at the orthopaedic specialty hospital Manhagen in Großhansdorf / Hamburg.
- 1993 Habilitation at the Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf, subject: "On the Effect of Various Rehydration Methods on Stability and Water Composition of Bone Grafts after Lyophilization, Gamma-Ray Sterilization and Fat Extraction."
- 1985-1991 Study at the School of Medicine, Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf.
Membership in professional societies:
- German Society for Arthroscopy and Joint Surgery (AGA).
- International Cartilage Repair Society (ICRS).
- Society for Orthopaedic and Traumatologic Sports Medicine (GOTS).
Photo of the doctor: (c) Gemeinschaftspraxis Königsallee Zentrum für Molekulare Orthopädie
Department of Orthopedics.
Clinic for Molecular Orthopedics Duesseldorf:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.