Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University
Department of Nephrology (535116)
Specialized in: nephrology
About the department
The Department of Nephrology at the Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment of kidney diseases, including kidney failure, arterial hypertension, kidney stones, kidney cancer and many other pathologies. The department uses both progressive surgical techniques and modern drug therapy in its clinical practice. The patients with kidney failure and other irreversible kidney dysfunctions are offered all modern dialysis procedures. The Chief Physician of the department is Assoc. Prof. Dr. med. Gülay Yılmaz.
To make an accurate diagnosis, the department carries out all the necessary studies, for example, ultrasound, X-rays, uroflowmetry, retrograde ureteropyelography, advanced urinalysis, CT, MRI scanning and other examinations. Once the results of the diagnostic examinations are studied, the patient will receive an optimal treatment strategy.
The specialists of the department mostly have to deal with the following kidney pathologies:
- Acute and chronic kidney failure
- Kidney stone disease
- Kidney infections
- Benign and malignant kidney neoplasms
- Polycystic kidney disease
- Complications of other diseases affecting the kidneys (for example, arterial hypertension)
- Intoxication and side effects of drugs causing kidney dysfunction
- Other diseases and pathological conditions
The therapeutic options of the department include:
- Drug therapy
- Renal replacement therapy (dialysis) in kidney failure
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Plasma exchange
- Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy for the treatment of kidney stone disease
- Kidney transplantation (in collaboration with the Department of General and Transplant Surgery)
- Comprehensive patient care before and after kidney transplantation
- Radical and partial nephrectomy
- Other treatments
Education and Professional Experience
- 1996 - 2002 Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University.
- 2003 - 2009 Department of Internal Medicine, Istanbul Okmeydani Training and Research Hospital.
- 2010 - 2013 Faculty of Medicine, Trakya University, Department of Nephrology.
- 2013 - 2015 Physician at the Edirne State Hospital.
- Turkish Medical Association.
- Istanbul Medical Association.
- Kidney failure.
- Kidney transplantation.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Private Gaziosmanpasa Hospital
Department of Nephrology.
Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.