HELIOS Clinic Krefeld
Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery (381401)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric otolaryngology, head and neck surgery
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery at the HELIOS Clinic Krefeld offers the full range of services in these medical fields. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Rudolf Leuwer.
The main task of the department is the timely detection of hearing impairments and their competent, effective treatment. The specialists of the department have many years of experience and show excellent treatment results. Here are annually performed more than 3,500 operations in adults and children.
The range of medical services of the department includes:
- Surgery to improve hearing
- Installation of a tympanostomy tube in children
- Middle ear microsurgery (sometimes with the replacement of auditory ossicles with titanium prostheses or own cartilaginous tissue to close the defects of the tympanic membrane)
- Optimization of hearing aid
- Operations to install modern hearing aids
- Other surgical interventions
- Operations on the parotid gland and facial nerves in children and adults, including surgery to remove tumors in these areas
- Surgery to treat head and neck tumors
- Removal of the parotid gland in malignant tumors with the preservation or subsequent reconstruction of the facial nerve
- Endoscopic removal of tumors in the paranasal sinuses and the base of the skull, including reconstructive surgery
- Surgical treatment of tumors of the oral cavity, tongue and throat
- Endoscopic removal of pharyngeal and laryngeal tumors
- Laryngectomy (with a surgical laser), taking into account voice characteristics
- Cervical dissection (removal of cervical lymph nodes)
- Plastic reconstruction after tumor removal (free and local flaps)
- Other surgical interventions
- Radiation therapy
- Simultaneous radiochemotherapy
- Installation of hearing implants in children and adults
- Cochlear implantation in children and adults
- Operations on the nose, paranasal sinuses, the base of the skull (using modern navigation systems)
- Straightening of the nasal septum
- Operations for the treatment of chronic sinusitis with nasal polyps
- Treatment of orbit and jugal bone fractures
- Other operations
- Plastic aesthetic surgery
- Scar revision
- Plastic surgery to eliminate defects in the face, for example, after removal of skin tumors
- Facelift in facial nerve paralysis
- Rhinoplasty (nose reshaping)
- Other operations
- Treatment with botulinum toxin, for example, in blepharospasm, hyperhidrosis, wrinkles
- Diagnosis and treatment of speech disorders in children and adults
- Diagnosis and treatment of voice disorders in children and adults
- Diagnosis and treatment of articulation disorders (dysarthria), stuttering, hasty speech in children and adults
- Diagnosis and treatment of swallowing disorders (dysphagia)
- And many other medical services
- 1981 - 1987 Study of Medicine at the University of Bonn.
- 1988 - 1989 Assistant in the Department of Neurosurgery at the University Hospital Bonn.
- 1989 - 1994 Assistant, Department of Otolaryngology, University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf.
- 1993 Recognized as Otolaryngologist.
- 1994 - 1997 Senior Physician, Department of Otolaryngology, University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf.
- 1997 - 2005 Leading Senior Physician of the Department of Otolaryngology, University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf.
- Since 2012 Chairman of the Association of German Chief Physicians (Otolaryngologists).
- Since 2005 Head of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery at the HELIOS Clinic Krefeld.
- Since 2011 Head of the HELIOS Clinic Krefeld.
- 1998 PhD defense. Subject: "Polarographic measurement of pO2 changes on the surface of the human brain under the influence of pentoxifylline."
- Since 1995 Control of 8 clinical trials with the vote of the Ethics Committee of the Medical Association of Hamburg.
- 1997 Habilitation in the field of otolaryngology, Hamburg. Subject: "EMG analysis of the eustachian tube muscular dysfunction".
- 1997 Venia Legendi in Otolaryngology, Faculty of Otolaryngology of the University of Hamburg.
- 1999 Temporary appointment as C3 Professor in Otolaryngology, University of Hamburg (at the same time awarding the academic title of "Professor").
- 2001 Award "Anton von Tröltsch-Preises" of the German Society of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery (DGHNO).
- 2003 Dr. Günther Buch Prize 2002, Johanna and Fritz Buch Scientific Foundation, Hamburg.
- 2004 - 2005 Chairman of the Section of Biology and Natural Sciences of the Medical Association of Hamburg.
- 2004 W3 Professor, Otolaryngology, Ruhr University Bochum (successor to Prof. Dr. H. Hildmann) "tertio loco".
- Since 2005, Member of the Subcommittee on Implanted Hearing Aids at ASTM International (International Commission on Standardization: American Society for Testing and Materials).
- 2005 Board Member of the Medical Faculty (Otolaryngology), University of Hamburg.
- Since 2011 Honorary Professor of the Hanoi Medical University, Vietnam (implementation of Cochlear Implantation Program at the Hanoi Medical University).
Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery.
HELIOS Clinic Krefeld:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.