Helios ENDO-Clinic Hamburg
Department of Orthopedics and Orthopedic Surgery (579921)
Specialized in: orthopedics and orthopedic surgery
About the department
The Department of Orthopedics and Orthopedic Surgery at the Helios ENDO-Clinic Hamburg offers the full range of diagnostics, conservative and surgical treatment of musculoskeletal diseases. The department specializes in primary and secondary knee and hip replacement surgeries, as well as surgical treatment of all joints. The use of the very latest arthroscopic and endoscopic techniques contributes to the achievement of the optimal treatment results from functional and aesthetic points of view, as well as short periods of rehabilitation. Thus, the patients who have undergone intervention soon return to their everyday life. The Chief Physician of the department is PD Dr. med. Carl-Heinz Hartwig.
In addition to the implantations of primary and secondary implants of the knee and hip joints, the key focuses of the department include arthroscopic and open surgery of the shoulder and elbow joints, knee arthroscopy, cartilage surgery and surgery of the knee ligaments. In addition, the department's specialists have extensive experience in the field of corrective osteotomy, as well as foot and ankle surgery.
The diagnostic and therapeutic range of the department includes the following options:
- Conservative therapy
- Arthrosis treatment
- Periradicular therapy
- Intra-articular injections
- Puncture of the joints
- Infiltration therapy
- Infusion within the pain therapy
- Conservative treatment of spinal diseases
- Manual therapy
- Nerve root block
- Neural therapy
- Pedobarographic examinations
- Osteoporosis diagnostics / treatment
- Rehabilitation procedures
- Ultrasound examination in young children
- Ultrasound-guided joint puncture
- Sports medicine
- Sports traumatology
- Treatment of the consequences of accidents (related to work, study, etc.)
- And other options of conservative diagnostics and treatment
- Surgical interventions
- Joint replacement surgery
- Arthroscopic surgery of the large and small joints
- Ligament replacement surgeries
- Replacement surgery
- Fracture treatment
- Foot surgery
- Joint stabilization
- Joint arthrodesis
- Cartilage surgery, bone tissue cartilage transplantation
- Corrective osteotomy
- Decompression surgeries
- Open surgery of the large and small joints
- Sports traumatology
- Surgical treatment of the orthopedic effects of rheumatic diseases
- Other methods of conservative and surgical treatment of orthopedic diseases
- 1977 - 1984 Higher Education at the Universities of Mainz, Hamburg and Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 1984 Admission to medical practice.
- 1985 Doctoral Degree, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 1997 Habilitation and PD title with the right to teach in Orthopedics, Medical School of the Eberhard Karls University of Tuebingen.
- 1984 - 1985 Assistant Physician in the Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care at the Municipal Hospital Sindelfingen.
- 1985 - 1987 Assistant Physician in the Department of Traumatology at the Municipal Hospital Sindelfingen.
- 1987 - 1997 Assistant Physician and Senior Physician in the Department of Orthopedics at the University Hospital Tuebingen (Head: Prof. Dr. med. W. Küsswetter).
- 1997 - 06.2018 Partner of the Joint Orthopedic Private Practice Orthopädie Mühlenkamp (Practicing and Cooperating Doctor).
- Since 07.2018 Head of the Department of Orthopedics and Orthopedic Surgery at the Helios ENDO-Clinic Hamburg.
- Arthroscopic and open, joint-preserving surgery (on all joints).
- Cartilage replacement methods.
- Corrective osteotomy (hip, knee joint).
- Hip and knee endoprosthetics.
- Differentiated surgery of the fore and rare foot.
- Upper ankle surgery, including arthroplasty and arthrodesis.
- Orthopedics and Traumatology.
- Special Orthopedic Surgery.
- Radiodiagnosis (in the area of specialization).
- Sports Medicine.
Membership in Professional Societies
- Professional Association of Medical Specialists in Orthopedics.
- Professional Association of German Rheumatologists.
- German-speaking Working Group on Arthroscopy.
- German Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Society.
- German Knee Society.
- German Society of Orthopedics and Orthopedic Surgery.
- Research Group on Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- Society of Foot and Ankle Surgery (GFFC).
- Society of Orthopedic Traumatology and Sports Medicine.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Helios ENDO-Klinik Hamburg
Department of Orthopedics and Orthopedic Surgery.
Helios ENDO-Clinic Hamburg:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.