Chemotherapy for adrenal cancer (program ID: 595956)
Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch
Peter ReichardtSpecialized in: oncology, palliative care
Department of Oncology and Palliative Care
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- history taking
- general clinical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- TSH-basal, fT3, fT4
- tumor markers
- inflammation indicators
- indicators blood coagulation
- hormone blood test
- abdominal CT/ MRI
- ultrasound examination
- 1 course chemotherapy
- nursing staff services
- elaboration of individual treatment plan
- Medical records
- MRI/CT scan (not older than 3 months)
- Biopsy results (if available)
You may also book
About the department
The Department of Oncology and Palliative Care at the Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch offers high-precision diagnostics and comprehensive treatment of oncological diseases, including palliative care for patients with terminal stages of malignancies. The specialized Cancer Center Berlin-Buch also operates on the basis of the department, which allows treating patients in interdisciplinary cooperation with the involvement of various specialists. The doctors of the department have rich experience in treating patients with oncopathologies, and also have a perfect command of all the modern and most effective therapeutic methods. The department is certified in accordance with the standards of the German Cancer Society. The department is headed by PD Dr. med Peter Reichardt.
Initially, the department’s doctors conduct the comprehensive diagnostics, which allows for determining the exact type and stage of the neoplasm, its location, size and other important characteristics. Within the framework of regular interdisciplinary tumor boards, the doctors consider each clinical case and develop an optimal treatment plan. In most cases, patients undergo multimodal therapy (that is, a combination of several therapeutic methods). An important component of the treatment process is psycho-oncological care. If desired, the patient can be treated within the framework of clinical trials.
To achieve successful treatment outcomes for cancers, the department’s doctors use in their clinical practice effective treatments, such as antibody therapy, targeted therapy, complex chemotherapy and regional deep hyperthermia in combination with systemic chemotherapy, radiation therapy and other methods.
The department specializes in the diagnostics and treatment of the following oncological diseases:
- Soft tissue sarcomas
- Bone tumors
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumors
- Malignant skin tumors, including malignant melanoma
- Esophageal tumors
- Stomach tumors
- Pancreatic tumors
- Neuroendocrine tumors
- Gallbladder and bile duct tumors
- Liver malignancies
- Tumors of the large and small intestine
- Rectal tumors
- Lung tumors
- Breast tumors
- Genitourinary tumors
- Tumors of the female and male genital organs
- Tumor metastasis of cancer of unknown primary
- Other diseases
- 1977 - 1984 Study of Human Medicine in Stuttgart-Hohenheim and Heidelberg.
- 1984 Admission to medical practice.
- 1989 Doctoral thesis defense, magna cum laude.
- 1991 Board certification in Internal Medicine.
- 2000 European certification in Medical Oncology.
- 2006 Habilitation and Venia legendi in Internal Medicine.
- 2011 Board certification in Hematology and Oncology.
- 2016 Qualified Medical Reviewer.
- 1984 - 1991 Research Fellow in the Department of Internal Medicine V at the University Hospital Heidelberg.
- 1985 Internship at the MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA.
- 1991 Senior Physician, Department of Internal Medicine V at the University Hospital Heidelberg.
- 1992 - 2003 Senior Physician, Department of Hematology, Oncology and Cancer Immunology, Robert Rössle Clinic, Charite University Hospital Berlin, Campus Virchow.
- 2001 - 2003 Senior Physician, Department of Hematology and Oncology, University Hospital Charite Berlin, Campus Virchow.
- 2003 - 2007 Senior Physician, Department of Hematology, Oncology and Cancer Immunology, Robert Rössle Clinic, Charite University Hospital Berlin, Campus Buch.
- 2007 - 2014 Chief Physician of the Department of Hematology, Oncology and Palliative Care, Helios Hospital Bad Saarow, as well as Director of the Sarcoma Center Berlin-Brandenburg.
- Since 2012 Chief Physician of the Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology, Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch.
- Since 2014 Head of the Cancer Center Berlin-Buch.
- Since 2016 Medical Director of the Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch; Member of the Research Board of the Helios Network, Regional Manager for Service Transparency of the Working Group of the Helios Network.
Memberships in Professional Societies and Organizations
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO).
- European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO).
- Connective Tissue Oncology Society (CTOS).
- German Cancer Society.
- M. D. Anderson Associates.
- Working Group on Internal Oncology of the German Cancer Society.
- German Society of Hematology and Oncology (DGHO).
- Group on Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcoma of the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC).
- Sarcoma Foundation of America.
- Member of the Expanded Commission for Doctoral Thesis Assessment in Charite.
- Member of the Guideline Commission for the Working Group on Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcoma, Association for Internal Oncology.
- Chairman of the Lebenshaus Medical Advisory Board.
- Member of the Guideline Commission for Soft Tissue, Bone Sarcoma and GIST of the German Society of Hematology and Oncology.
- Member of the European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO).
- Member of the Guideline Commission for Soft Tissue, Bone Sarcoma and GIST of the European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO).
- Peer review activities in national and international journals.
- Member of the Medical Board of the MAX Foundation.
- Global Advisory Group on GIST Life Raft Group.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Helios Klinikum Berlin-Buch