HELIOS University Hospital Wuppertal
Department of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery, Hand and Burn Surgery (384380)
Specialized in: plastic and aesthetic surgery, hand surgery, burn surgery
About the department
The Department of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery, Hand and Burn Surgery at the HELIOS University Hospital Wuppertal offers the full spectrum of services ranging from aesthetic interventions up to complex reconstructive surgery in cancer and other diseases. The department specializes in hand surgery, aesthetic surgery, breast reconstruction, burn surgery, etc. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med.
In cooperation with the Departments of Dermatology and Otolaryngology, the department offers a wide range of surgical and non-surgical aesthetic medicine. In particular, the department specializes in eye lift (eyelid plastic surgery), face lift and lift of other parts of the body (arm, chest and abdominal lift). In addition, the department also offers body reshaping with the help of sparing liposuction procedures for various parts of the body under local anesthesia. To correct body shapes, there are also offered injections of the patient’s own fat.
Along with the female breast reshaping (augmentation, lift and reduction), the department also specializes in breast reconstruction with the help of the patient’s own fat tissue from the abdomen or thighs. In collaboration with oncologists and radiation therapists, here is also provided treatment of progressive tumors with thoracic wall lesion or secondary tumors. In addition to the effectiveness of cancer treatment, doctors pay special attention to the rapid improvement of the quality of life.
In the field of hand surgery, the department treats all diseases of the hand, including pediatric malformations and acute severe injuries. At the same time, a team of specially trained hand therapists and physiotherapists takes care of patients after the operation. The department offers all advanced hand surgery techniques to fully restore functions of the hand and fingers.
Furthermore, in cooperation with the regional Cancer Center and other medical facilities specializing in surgery, the specialists of the department perform complex operations to remove tumors with the subsequent elimination of defects and functional restoration. With the help of modern microsurgical techniques, even radical operations without amputations (in particular, arm and leg amputations) are possible. Along with the restoration of forms, special attention is paid to the restoration of functionality. These methods can be used to restore patients’ health with certain impaired functions after accidents.
The main focuses of the department:
- Aesthetic surgery
- Breast surgery
- Hand surgery
- Surgical oncology / injuries
- Burn surgery
Features of the department:
- Reconstructive microsurgery: restoration of the shape and function of an organ or part of the body
- Soft tissue and skin defects
- Plastic surgery for soft tissue defects in concomitant damage to the nerves, tendons, bones (including when sampling material for osteosynthesis)
- Restoration of functions in nerve damage, tendon, bone defects
- Special treatment focuses
- Use of sparing surgical techniques
- Use of advanced surgical microscopes and microsurgical operating instruments
- Plastic surgery for soft tissue defects with the use of a free skin graft
- Plastic surgery for soft tissue defects with the use of a pedicle flap
- And other methods
- Peripheral nerve injuries and diseases of the peripheral nervous system
- Injuries of peripheral nerves after accidents, surgical interventions
- Facial nerve paralysis
- And other methods
- Since 2015 Head of the Interregional Center for Reconstructive Microsurgery and Peripheral Nerve Surgery (ZEMPEN), Clinic for Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery, Reconstructive Surgery and Hand Surgery.
- 2015 Head of the Department and Deputy Chief Physician, Department of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery, Reconstructive Surgery and Hand Surgery, AGAPLESION MARKUS KRANKENHAUS Frankfurt, Academic Hospital of the Johann Goethe University Frankfurt.
- 2014 Head of the Department and Deputy Chief Physician, Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, Hand Surgery, Luisenhospital Aachen, Academic Hospital at the Rhine Westphalian Technical University of Aachen.
- 2014 Additional qualification in Hand Surgery.
- 2013 Appointment to the position of the Leading Senior Physician and Deputy Head of the Department of Plastic Surgery, Hand and Burn Surgery, University Hospital Aachen.
- 2013 University Professorship (W2) and Medical Director of the Research Center for Peripheral Nerve Plastic Surgery, University Hospital Aachen.
- 2012 Invitation to the post of Professor (W2) on Regenerative Plastic Surgery in the Department of Plastic Surgery, Hand and Burn Surgery at the University Hospital Aachen (acceptance of the invitation: 06/2013).
- 2011 Rotation and advanced training (focus: reconstructive plastic surgery, peripheral nerve surgery, facial nerve surgery) at the Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, General Hospital in Vienna – Medical University Campus.
- 2011 Appointment to the post of Chief Physician in the Department of Plastic Surgery, Hand Surgery and Burn Surgery, University Hospital Aachen.
- 2011 Advanced training – qualification of the Auditing Doctor, basic training according to GCP standards.
- 2011 Rotation and advanced training (focus: reconstructive plastic surgery) in the Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Surgery at the Medical Center of the University of Pittsburgh (UPMC Pittsburgh).
- 2010 Certificate of the Medical Specialist in Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery, Medical Association of the North Rhine.
- 2009 Rotation and advanced training (focus: aesthetic surgery) in the Center for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, MediaPark Clinic in Cologne.
- 2009 Associate Professorship and Venia Legendi in Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery, Medical Faculty of the Rhine Westphalian Technical University of Aachen.
- 2004 - 2011 Assistant Physician in the Department of Plastic Surgery, Hand and Burn Surgery, University Hospital Aachen.
- 2004 Thesis subject "Receptor autoradiography in vitro and the analysis of connectivity of callosal gyrus (lat. gyrus cinguli) in macaques", Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Helios Universitätsklinikum Wuppertal
Department of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery, Hand and Burn Surgery.
HELIOS University Hospital Wuppertal:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.