Hirslanden Clinic Bois-Cerf Lausanne
Department of Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology (26249)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric ophthalmology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology at the Hirslanden Clinic Bois-Cerf Lausanne offers the full range of conservative and surgical treatment of diseases of the eye and its appendages. The highly professional team of doctors with rich clinical experience takes care of the patients' health. The department regularly demonstrates high treatment success rates, which contributes to the prestige of the medical facility in the region and throughout the country. The department is headed by PD Dr med. François Majo.
The department has an ultramodern operating room, which is structurally divided into two units – a unit for general eye surgery and a refractive eye surgery unit. The department uses the latest generation laser systems for high-quality treatment of eye diseases and vision correction.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Surgical treatment of retinal pathologies
- Surgical treatment of orbital pathologies
- Surgical treatment of lacrimal duct pathologies
- Surgical treatment of cataracts
- Surgical treatment of glaucoma
- Surgical treatment of eye injuries
- Reconstructive and aesthetic eyelid surgery
- Refractive surgery
- Myopia correction
- Farsightedness correction
- Astigmatism correction
- Presbyopia correction
- Corneal transplantation
- Oculoplasty (set of ophthalmological operations on the eye muscles, eyelids, orbital tissues, lacrimal glands)
- Diagnostics and treatment of inflammatory and infectious eye diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of neuro-ophthalmological diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of ophthalmic diseases in children
- Dynamic phototherapy
- Strabismus correction
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic options
- Treatment of corneal diseases.
- Corneal transplantation.
- Refractive surgery.
- Surgical treatment of cataracts.
- Treatment of eye injuries.
- 2007 PD, Jules Gonin Eye Hospital, Lausanne.
- 2002 - 2007 Head of the Jules Gonin Eye Hospital, Lausanne.
- 1999 - 2002 Consulting Physician in Ophthalmology.
- 1997 - 1999 Head of the Department of Ophthalmology at the University Hospital of Besançon, France.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 2005 Doctor of Philosophy, University of Paris VII: Denis Diderot.
- 2002 - 2005 Doctoral thesis, Laboratory of Prof. Barrandon, Federal Polytechnic School of Lausanne.
- 1999 - 2002 Beginning of work on the thesis, Laboratory of Prof. Barrandon, Paris.
- 1997 Doctoral Degree in Medicine, Specialization in Ophthalmology, France.
- 1992 - 1997 Internship in Ophthalmology, France.
- 1986 - 1992 Study of Human Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine, Paris Descartes University.
Prizes and Honors
- 2006 Research Prize of the Vogt Foundation, Switzerland.
- 2006 Best Report Award, Scientific Meeting of the Swiss Ophthalmological Society, Brunnen, Switzerland.
- 2000 Research Prize, Paris, France.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Hirslanden AG
Department of Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology.
Hirslanden Clinic Bois-Cerf Lausanne:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.