Hirslanden Clinic La Colline Geneva
Department of General and Abdominal Surgery (26397)
Specialized in: general and abdominal surgery
About the department
The Department of General and Abdominal Surgery at the Hirslanden Clinic La Colline Geneva offers the full range of classic and sparing minimally invasive laparoscopic interventions to treat gastrointestinal diseases, including those of the esophagus, stomach, duodenum, small intestine, colon and rectum. The specialization also covers surgical interventions on the bile ducts and bladder, liver, pancreas, spleen and anterior abdominal wall. Hernia repair surgery complements the range of services. Of particular interest is the treatment of benign and malignant neoplasms of the above organs. The department is headed by Dr. med. Pascal Bucher.
The treatment is provided in close collaboration with gastroenterologists. The surgical interventions are performed in state-of-the-art operating rooms, in compliance with the most stringent requirements of professional medical societies. After surgical treatment, the patient is provided with comprehensive follow-up care. It is necessary for the patient to undergo follow-up diagnostic tests to assess treatment results.
The department's surgical spectrum of services includes:
- Appendectomy (a surgical procedure to remove appendix)
- Cholecystectomy (a surgical procedure to remove gallbladder)
- Inguinal hernia, diaphragmatic hernia repair surgery
- Surgery to treat perforated bowel
- Surgery to treat stomach diseases
- Surgery to treat colon diseases
- Surgery to treat spleen diseases
- Surgery to treat liver diseases
- Surgery to treat pancreatic diseases
- Surgery to treat rectal diseases
- Surgery to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Surgery to treat proctologic diseases
- Bariatric surgery (surgery for morbid obesity treatment)
- Other surgical procedures
- 1991 - 1997 Study of Human Medicine at the University of Geneva.
- Since 2011 Chief Physician of the Department of General and Abdominal Surgery at the Hirslanden Clinic La Colline Geneva.
- Since 2011 Director of the Scarless Surgery Center, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Since 2011 Work in collaboration with the Clinique Générale-Beaulieu.
- Since 2013 Surgeon in the Hospital Genolier, Switzerland.
- Since 2012 Surgeon at the Hôpital de La Tour, Geneva.
- Since 2012 Surgeon at the Clinique des Grangettes.
- November 2011 - January 2014 Professor, University Hospital Geneva.
- April 2004 - November 2011 Chief Physician of the Department of Surgery at the University Hospital Geneva.
- 2001 - 2003 Work in the Department of Abdominal Surgery, University Hospital Geneva.
- 1998 - 2000 Work in the Department of Surgery at the University Hospital Geneva.
- October 1997 - September 1998 Work in the Department of Internal Medicine, Hôpitaux Fribourgois.
- 1997 Internship at the Department of General Surgery at Baragwanath Hospital, South Africa.
- 1996 Internship at Sir Charles Gardner Hospital Perth, Australia.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Hirslanden AG
Department of General and Abdominal Surgery.
Hirslanden Clinic La Colline Geneva:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.