Hirslanden Clinic La Colline Geneva
Department of Adult and Pediatric Hand Surgery, Wrist Surgery (26401)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric hand surgery, wrist surgery
About the Department of Adult and Pediatric Hand Surgery, Wrist Surgery at Hirslanden Clinic La Colline Geneva
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Hand Surgery, Wrist Surgery at the Hirslanden Clinic La Colline Geneva offers the full range of services for the treatment of diseases and injuries of the hand, wrist. The department is headed by Dr. med. Thierry Glauser.
The department includes an Emergency Unit operating around the clock, 6 ultra-modern operating rooms fitted out with equipment for inpatient and outpatient interventions, a Section of Radiology (MRI, CT scan, ultrasound, radiography), a Center for Physiotherapy and Ergotherapy with a pool and a gym with special rehabilitation stimulators. The department’s team of doctors deals with the treatment of patients of all age groups – from young children to the elderly.
The department specializes in the provision of diagnostic, therapeutic and rehabilitation services for such diseases:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Cubital tunnel syndrome
- Trigger fingers
- Rhizarthrosis (osteoarthritis)
- Dupuytren's contracture
- Sudeck's atrophy
- Hand sports injuries
- Professional hand diseases in musicians
- Other diseases and injuries
The therapeutic options of the department include:
- Hand ligament reconstruction
- Wrist arthroscopy
- Prosthetics of the finger joints
- Microsurgery and replantation surgery of the upper extremities
- Rehabilitation measures, including ergotherapy
- Other treatment methods
Curriculum vitae of Dr. med. Thierry Glauser
- Training in Abdominal, Pediatric, Thoracic, Cardiac, Urological and Orthopedic Surgery at the University Hospital Geneva.
- Pediatric and Neonatology Surgery, Hôpital Necker, Paris, then University Hospital Geneva.
- Training in General Surgery and Traumatology at the Hôpital Intercantonal de la Broye-Payerne.
- Trainings in Microsurgery and Hand Reconstructive Surgery, Peripheral Nerve Surgery at the University Hospital Geneva.
- Former Deputy Head of the Department of Hand Surgery at the University Hospital Geneva.
- Former Head of the Department of Hand Surgery at the University Hospital Geneva.
- Consultant Physician, Department of Hand Surgery at the University Hospital Geneva.
- Doctorate in Surgery at the Faculty of Medicine, University of Geneva (1998).
- Wrist arthroscopy, ligament reconstruction.
- Compression syndromes and peripheral nerve damage.
- Tendon transfers and functional reanimation after paralysis.
- Prosthetic surgery of the wrist, thumb and fingers.
- Arthroscopy in the early treatment of wrist ligament injuries.
- New techniques of arthroscopic treatment for wrist cysts.
- Benefits of the treatment by palmar plate for complex wrist fractures.
- Treatment of chronic wrist pain by microsurgical denervation.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Swiss Society of Surgery.
- Swiss Medical Association.
- Geneva Medical Association.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Hirslanden AG
Department of Adult and Pediatric Hand Surgery, Wrist Surgery.
Hirslanden Clinic La Colline Geneva:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.