Hospital Kloster Grafschaft Schmallenberg
Department of Early Rehabilitation after Long-term Ventilation (149)
Specialized in: internal medicine
About the department
After the intensive-care acute treatment the patients will continue to be cared for in the department of early rehabilitation after long-term respiration. The early rehabilitation department has been in existence since March 2005 and offers 20 beds. The team of the department is composed of specialist doctors, specialist nurses, especially trained physio-, logo-, ergo- and wound therapists as well as a specialist in nursing transition.
- 1989 – 1991 Preclinical education at the University of Cologne
- 1991 – 1995 Clinical education at the University of Cologne
- 1995 Practical year in Pediatrics (elective) at the Department of Pediatry, Children's Hospital Amsterdamer Str. in Cologne
- 1995 Practical year in the field of Internal Medicine at the District Hospital Gummersbach
- 1995 Practical year in the field of Surgery at the University Hospital Boston, USA
- 1996 Partial approbation (license to practice medicine)
- 1996 – 1999 Medical Intern and Assistant Physician at the District Hospital Gummersbach, Department of Internal Medicine Priv. Doz. Dr. med K. Grimmel
- 1998 Full approbation, American State Examination
- 1998 Recognition of the Doctoral Thesis at the University of Cologne
- 1999 – 2002 Residency in Internal Medicine, Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, USA
- 2002 Award for best graduate resident of the 2002 Graduation Year, Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, USA
- August 2002 Board certification in Internal Medicine in the USA (American Board of Internal Medicine)
- 2002 – 2007 Assistant Physician and Research Associate at the Specialist Hospital Grafschaft Abbey (Director Prof. Dr. med. D. Köhler)
- May 2004 Board certification in Internal Medicine
- November 2005 Board certification in Pneumology
- Since 2006, Teaching at the Philipps University of Marburg
- August 2007 Senior Physician at the Sleep Laboratory and Home Respiration, Specialist Hospital Kloster Grafschaft
- December 2009 Board certification in Somnology
- July 2013 Head of the Department of Pneumology I (Intensive Care and Weaning, Early Rehabilitation after Long-term Ventilation), Specialist Hospital Kloster Grafschaft, Schmallenberg
- 2013 Habilitation at the Philipps University of Marburg
- Author of the S2 Guideline "Noninvasive and Invasive Ventilation as a Therapy of Chronic Respiratory Failure" of the German Society of Pneumology (DGP)
- Author and member of the core working group of the S2 Guideline "Prolonged Degradation of Respirator" of the German Society of Pneumology (DGP)
- Member and author of the Critical Care HERMES Task Force Group of the European Respiratory Society (ERS)
- Board member of the German Interdisplinary Society of Home Mechanical Ventilation (DIGAB)
Department of Early Rehabilitation after Long-term Ventilation.
Hospital Kloster Grafschaft Schmallenberg:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical coordinator will contact you within 24 hours and answer all questions that might interest you.
you will receive a reply shortly Home