Hospital Neuwerk Moenchengladbach
Department of Spinal Surgery (284512)
Specialized in: spinal surgery
About the Department of Spinal Surgery at Hospital Neuwerk Moenchengladbach
The Department of Spinal Surgery at the Hospital Neuwerk Moenchengladbach offers both conservative and surgical treatment of all back pain syndromes, which can be caused by disc herniation or protrusion, inflammatory changes, osteoporosis, tumors, etc. The department specializes in the particularly sparing treatment with minimally invasive surgical techniques. It uses all modern technologies and tools, including the O-Arm surgical imaging system. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Andreas Bitter.
The specialists of the department are first-class experts in the conservative treatment of back diseases. In the majority of patients, the spinal pain syndrome can be successfully treated with conservative methods. The key to the success of conservative treatment is the effective combination of drug therapy, special thermotherapy and therapeutic exercises.
When the patient requires surgical treatment is required, the department offers the very latest medical technologies, which ensure an optimal result and the best possible safety for the patient. The department is also equipped with state-of-the-art mobile tomograph, the so-called O-Arm. This system is used to treat patients with implants. When performing surgery, the position of the surgical instruments and the implant is imagined on the realtime X-ray. Thanks to this, the position of the implant can be determined as accurately as possible and spinal cord can be additionally protected as well.
Thanks to the intensive, interdisciplinary cooperation with the Departments of Orthopedics,Traumatology, Interventional Pain Therapy and Intensive Care Unit within the framework of the Center for Musculoskeletal Care, as well as the Savita Center for Health and Movement, the patients of the department receive the best treatment. It goes without saying that the treatment is provided in accordance with the current standards of the professional medical societies.
The diagnostic and therapeutic range of the department:
- Disc protrusions and herniated discs
- Inflammatory changes
- Spinal stenosis
- Degenerative changes in the vertebrae and intervertebral discs
- Dislocated vertebrae
- Vertebral fractures
- Spinal curvature (scoliosis)
- Other spinal diseases
Curriculum vitae of Dr. med. Andreas Bitter
University Education and Professional Career
- 1991 - 1997 Study of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Chuvash State University named after I. Ulyanov.
- 1992 - 1997 Work as a freelance and resident massage therapist, specializing in spinal diseases.
- 1997 - 2002 Doctor specializing in neurology and manual therapy in Cheboksary, Russia.
- 2003 Work at the Medical Institute Mibeg in Cologne.
- 2004 Preparation for board certification in neurosurgery, Evangelical Hospital Duisburg.
- 2005 Preparation for board certification in neurosurgery, Fulda Hospital.
- 2005 - 2010 Preparation for board certification, and in 2009 – board certification in neurosurgery, Duisburg Hospital.
- 2011 Doctoral thesis defense, University of Essen. Subject: "Advantages of pterional access for meningioma extirpation".
- 2010 - 2011 Senior Physician, Department of Neurosurgery, Evangelical Hospital Bethel Bielefeld.
- 2011 - 2013 Senior Physician, Department of Neurosurgery, Sana Hospital Duisburg.
- Since 2013 Head Physician of the Department of Spinal Surgery at the Hospital Neuwerk Moenchengladbach.
- Board certification in neurosurgery.
- Theoretical foundations in radiation protection.
- Theoretical foundations in manual therapy.
- Master Certificate from the German Society for Spine Surgery (DWG).
Memberships in Professional Societies
- German Society of Neurosurgery (DGNC).
- German Society for Spine Surgery (DWG).
- AO Spine.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Hospital Neuwerk Moenchengladbach
Department of Spinal Surgery.
Hospital Neuwerk Moenchengladbach:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.