Hospital Neuwerk Moenchengladbach
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Neuroradiology (599804)
Specialized in: diagnostic and interventional radiology, neuroradiology
About the department
The Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Neuroradiology at the Hospital Neuwerk Moenchengladbach offers the full range of medical services in these medical fields. The department has advanced technical systems for highly accurate imaging diagnostic examinations and imaging-guided therapeutic procedures. All interventions are carried out in accordance with the most relevant medical protocols. The experts with rich clinical experience provide medical care for patients, which guarantees the highest accuracy of diagnostic results. The department's experts also pay due attention to radiation protection during all types of imaging diagnostics. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Ulrich Solbach.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Classical radiological diagnostics
- Double contrast-enhanced X-ray of the esophagus and stomach
- Double contrast-enhanced X-ray of the small bowel
- Double contrast-enhanced X-ray of the colon
- Contrast-enhanced X-ray of the venous vessels
- Contrast-enhanced X-ray of the kidneys and urinary tract
- Joint X-ray (often in combination with MRI)
- Contrast-enhanced X-ray of the spinal canal
- Computed tomography (CT scan)
- Facial and cranial CT scan
- Thoracic / lung CT scan
- Abdominal CT scan
- Spinal CT scan
- CT scan in bone fractures
- CT scan angiography (vascular imaging)
- CT diagnostics for critically ill patients, within the urgent diagnostics in accidents
- CT-guided interventions
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Brain and spinal cord MRI
- MRI of the spine and intervertebral discs
- Skeletal MRI for the diagnostics of fractures and tumors
- MR angiography (vascular imaging)
- MRI of the pancreas and bile ducts
- Abdominal MRI (liver, spleen, kidneys, small intestine)
- Pelvic MRI
- MR mammography
- Digital subtraction angiography
- Imaging of the thoracic and abdominal aorta
- Imaging of the arteries of the pelvis and lower limbs
- Selective imaging of the cerebral vessels
- Selective imaging of the upper limb arteries
- Selective imaging of the renal arteries
- Selective imaging of the abdominal arteries
- Breast imaging diagnostics
- Computed tomography
- Ultrasound scanning
- Interventional procedures
- CT-guided puncture
- CT-guided biopsy
- CT-guided installation of drainage systems
- CT-guided interventional procedures for tumor destruction (particularly, liver tumors)
- Targeted administration of chemotherapy drugs into the tumor through its arteries
- Dilatation procedures in vascular stenosis
- Other diagnostic and treatment methods
Education and Professional Career
- 1985 - 1992 Study of Human Medicine at the Universities of Bonn and Aachen.
- 1992 - 1994 Intern and Assistant Physician, Department of Neurosurgery, Paracelsus Clinic Osnabrück.
- 1994 - 1999 Assistant Physician, Department of Radiology, Johanna Etienne Hospital, Neuss.
- 1999 - 2001 Assistant Physician, Department of Neuroradiology, Evangelical Johanniter Hospital, Duisburg.
- 2000 Doctoral thesis.
- 2001 Board certification in Diagnostic Radiology.
- 2001 Senior Physician, Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Johanna Etienne Hospital, Neuss.
- 2003 Additional clinical practice, MRI.
- 2009 Acting Chief Physician of the Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Johanna Etienne Hospital, Neuss.
- Since 2016 Chief Physician of the Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Neuroradiology at the Hospital Neuwerk Moenchengladbach.
- Interventional techniques.
- Cancer imaging.
- Imaging examinations of the spine and joints.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- German Radiological Society.
- German Society of Interventional Radiology.
- Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiological Society of Europe.
- German Society of Musculoskeletal Radiology.
- European Society of Musculoskeletal Radiology.
- Radiological Society of North America.
- European Society of Radiology.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Hospital Neuwerk Moenchengladbach
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Neuroradiology.
Hospital Neuwerk Moenchengladbach:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.