Hip dysplasia diagnosis (program ID: 119383)
Hospital Neuwerk Moenchengladbach
Patrick WeidleSpecialized in: adult and pediatric orthopedics, traumatology
Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics, Traumatology
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- X-ray of hip joint
- CT/MRI scan (on indication 650/1200 €)
- nursing services
- consultation of related specialists
- consultation of the chief physician and all leading experts
- development of individual treatment plan
- Medical records
- X-ray examination, MRI/CT scan (if available)
You may also book
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics, Traumatology at the Hospital Neuwerk Moenchengladbach offers the modern diagnostics and treatment of the entire range of musculoskeletal diseases. The department's field of competence includes the treatment of injuries of varying severity. The therapeutic options cover both conservative measures and surgical interventions, which are mainly performed using sparing minimally invasive techniques. The treatment concept is based on the comprehensive approach – from the use of conservative methods to physiotherapeutic procedures the day after surgery. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Patrick Weidle.
Of particular interest to the department's orthopedists is joint replacement surgery, particularly the knee and hip endoprosthetics. Most of these operations are performed using minimally invasive techniques, which allow the patient to restore mobility in the shortest possible time and return to his everyday life. Only high-quality endoprostheses from leading manufacturers are used in clinical practice.
An experienced team of trauma doctors is available in the department around the clock. In addition to emergency medical care, the specialists in this field have excellent qualifications in planned complex operations on the joints. The key attention in the field of traumatology is paid to the treatment of bone fractures of varying severity in adults and children, the surgical correction of abnormal bone adhesion after fractures, septic bone tissue surgery, etc.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of diseases of large joints (joint-preserving interventions and joint replacement surgery)
- Surgical treatment of foot diseases
- Arthroscopic interventions
- Hand surgery
- Surgical treatment of rheumatic lesions of bones and joints
- Diagnostics and treatment of orthopedic diseases in children
- Diagnostics and treatment of osteoporosis
- Minimally invasive interventions on the joints
- Revision interventions on the joints
- Special forms of diagnostics and therapy
- Sports medicine
- CT-guided infiltration and biopsy
- Bone and joint punctures
- Pain therapy
- Manual therapy
- Diagnostics and treatment of bone fractures in adults and children
- Diagnostics and treatment of sports injuries
- Diagnostics and treatment of various injuries in children
- Emergency medical care, including for seriously injured patients
- Septic bone surgery for bone infections (osteomyelitis)
- Cartilage transplant
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic options
Education and Professional Career
- 1995 - 2001 Study of Medicine at the Rhine-Westphalian Technical Aachen University.
- 2001 - 2002 Study of Human Medicine at the University of Duesseldorf (optional one-year practical course in Neurology).
- 2003 - 2006 Work in the Department of Traumatology and Hand Surgery at the University Hospital Duesseldorf.
- 2006 - 2011 Work in the Department of Orthopedics, University Hospital Essen.
- 2011 - 2012 Work in the Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, University Hospital Bochum.
- Since 2012 Head of the Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology at the Hospital Neuwerk Moenchengladbach.
- Board certification in Traumatology and Orthopedics.
- Theoretical foundations of the specialty in Radiation Protection.
- Theoretical foundations of the specialty in Emergency Medicine.
- Additional qualifications in Acupuncture.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Working Group on Spinal Diseases.
- German Society for Orthopaedics and Orthopaedic Surgery (DGOOC).
- German Spine Society (DGU).
- European Spine Society.
- Interdisciplinary Society of Orthopedic/Trauma Surgery and General Pain Therapy (IGOST).
- Spine Intervention Society (SIS).
Photo of the doctor: (c) Hospital Neuwerk Moenchengladbach