International Neuroscience Institute Hannover
Department of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery (687815)
Specialized in: plastic, aesthetic and reconstructive surgery
About the Department of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery at International Neuroscience Institute Hannover
The Department of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery at the International Neuroscience Institute Hannover offers the full range of modern interventions in the fields of its competence. The highly qualified team of the department's surgeons specializes in surgery to correct defects after injuries and resection of tumors, congenital malformations, as well as in aesthetic interventions to improve the patient's appearance without clinical indications for surgery. The department's experts are focused on providing individualized medical care, which significantly increases the chances of a favorable outcome of surgical treatment. The modern operating rooms of the department strictly comply with all hygiene and safety standards. Whenever possible, operations are performed using sparing surgical techniques, which allows the patient to recover from the intervention as soon as possible and return to a full life. In addition, such surgical procedures almost do not leave any scars. The medical team working in the department always strives to provide the patient with the best and most natural result of plastic surgery. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Peter Vogt.
The department's aesthetic surgeons perform operations to improve the appearance of a person if he finds one or another part of his body unattractive. Dissatisfaction with appearance can cause serious complexes and psychological problems that significantly worsen the quality of human life. The specialists of the department have in their arsenal many innovative surgical techniques with the help of which the patient can get the appearance of his dreams. In addition, the department's team of surgeons treats wrinkles with Botox and filler injections. The department is mostly visited by patients who want to undergo breast augmentation surgery, liposuction, abdominoplasty, nose or ear reshaping surgery and facelift. Prior to a particular surgical procedure, the surgeons of the department conduct a consultation, during which they offer the patient possible solutions to the aesthetic problem based on the results of a clinical examination, and also inform him about the possible risks of the intervention. The department offers advanced computer programs which help make a model of the predicted result of plastic surgery. This approach ensures a high level of patient satisfaction and excludes repeated corrective interventions.
The plastic surgeons of the department also specialize in operations to correct skin and soft tissue defects, the consequences of trauma and invasive treatment of oncological diseases, congenital malformations. The surgeons in this area are faced with the task of not only providing the patient with a good aesthetic result, but also preserving the function of an organ or part of the body. For example, when performing reconstructive surgery for facial nerve paresis, it is extremely important not to disturb the symmetry of the face and maintain facial expressions, but not only restore an attractive appearance. Prior to the surgical intervention, a computer modeling of the expected result is carried out so that the patient can assess his appearance in advance after the completion of treatment.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Aesthetic surgery
- Facial surgery
- Face lift
- Treatment of wrinkles with botox and filler injections
- Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery)
- Rhinoplasty (nose reshaping)
- Otoplasty (ear reshaping)
- Body surgery
- Breast augmentation
- Breast reduction
- Breast lift
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck)
- Brachioplasty (arm lift)
- Femoroplasty (thigh lift)
- Facial surgery
- Reconstructive surgery
- Reconstructive surgery for skin and soft tissue defects (skin grafting)
- Reconstructive surgery for facial nerve paresis (Bell's palsy)
- Resection of skin and soft tissue tumors with subsequent plastic repair of defects
- Reconstructive surgery on the nerve endings and muscles
- Reconstructive surgery on the nerve plexuses
- Reconstructive surgery on the mammary gland after cancer
- Reconstructive surgery on the mammary glands to correct asymmetry and malformations
- Reconstructive surgery to restore body aesthetics after significant weight loss
- Other surgical options
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Peter Vogt
Higher Education and Professional Career
- Study of Medicine and Doctoral Thesis Defense, Goethe University Frankfurt.
- Military Service, Chief Medical Officer.
- 1985 - 1991 Specialized training in Surgery at the University Hospital Luebeck and the Hanover Medical School.
- 1991 - 1994 Specialized training in Plastic Surgery, University Hospital Bergmannsheil, Ruhr University Bochum.
- 1991 - 1994 Experimental Plastic Surgery Scholarship, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA; Research Fellow, Department of Plastic Surgery, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston.
- 1994 Board certification in Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery.
- 1994 Habilitation and Venia legendi in Plastic Surgery, Ruhr University Bochum.
- 1994 Senior Physician and Head of the Section for Burn Surgery, Department of Plastic Surgery, Hand Surgery and Severe Burn Injuries.
- 1996 Specialization in Hand Surgery.
- 1998 Qualification in Intensive Care for Patients after Plastic Surgery.
- 1999 Extraordinary Professor for Plastic Surgery, Ruhr University Bochum.
- June 2001 C4 Professor for Plastic Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery, Hand Surgery at the University Medical School Hannover and Chief Physician of the Department of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery, Hand Surgery at the Hannover Oststadt Hospital.
- 2005 Invitation to the position of Professor for Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Zurich (offer rejected).
- Since 01.01.2006 Chief Physician of the Department of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery, Hand Surgery at the Hanover Medical School.
- Head of the Department of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery at the International Neuroscience Institute Hannover.
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery using the patient's own tissues to close defects, burn injuries and the consequences of tumor resection.
- Surgery on the peripheral nerves of the limbs, including brachial plexus.
- Plastic surgery for the restoration of functions in case of damage to the nerve endings.
- Hand surgery, including the correction of congenital malformations.
- Aesthetic and plastic surgery.
Senior Positions in Professional Organizations and Societies
- 2019 Senator of the German Society of Surgery.
- 2014 - 2015 President of the German Society of Surgery (DGCH).
- 2013 - 2015 President of the European Burns Association (EBA).
- 2010 - 2013 President of the German Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (DGPRÄC).
- 2009 - 2011 President of the German Society of Wound Healing and Wound Treatment (DGFW).
- 2007 - 2009 President of the German Society for Burn Treatment (DGV).
- 2005 - 2006 Secretary General of the German Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (DGPW).
Memberships in Professional Societies
- American Association of Plastic Surgeons.
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
- Professional Association of German Surgeons.
- German Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery.
- German Society of Surgery.
- German Trauma Society.
- German-speaking Working Group on Microsurgery and Hand Surgery.
- German Society of Hand Surgery.
- German Society of Senology.
- German Society for Burn Treatment (Advisory Board Member).
- European Academy of Sciences and Arts.
- European Society of Plastic Surgery.
- European Burns Association.
- Federation of International Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (Delegate).
- International Society for Burn Injuries.
- Plastic Surgery Research Council, USA.
Prizes, Awards and Other Honors
- 1992 Grant, Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation, Chicago, USA.
- 1993 Joseph Murray Prize, New England Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, Newport, Rhode Island, USA.
- 1994 Von Langenbeck Prize of the German Society of Surgery.
- 1999 Travel Award of the German Society of Surgery.
- 2007 Medical Innovation Prize.
- 2010 Edgar Ungeheuer Prize of the German Society of Surgery.
- Harvard Medical School, Boston.
- Baku State University.
- University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas.
- Al-Babtain Center for Burns and Plastic Surgery, University of Kuwait.
- Shriners Burns Hospital, University of Texas, Galveston.
- University of California, Irvine.
Photo of the doctor: (c) International Neuroscience Institute®
Department of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery.
International Neuroscience Institute Hannover:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.