Klinik am Rhein Duesseldorf
Department of Plastic Surgery (303007)
Specialized in: plastic surgery
About the department
The Department of Plastic Surgery at the Klinik am Rhein Duesseldorf offers the full range of plastic and aesthetic interventions. The main focus is on breast and facial surgery, as well as on all types of interventions aimed at body reshaping. The surgical service range is complemented by many minimally invasive aesthetic procedures, including laser therapy and injection therapy for the treatment of wrinkles. All operations are performed by plastic surgeons with long experience who strictly follow the protocols of professional societies.
The department is headed by Dr. med. Holger Hofheinz. The doctor has performed many successful operations. According to the prestigious Jameda website, he ranks among the top five surgeons in Duesseldorf.
The medical team of the department consists of 5 specialized surgeons and competent anesthetists. All surgeons are members of the German Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (DGPRÄC). The treatment is preceded by the accurate clinical diagnostics, on the basis of which a decision is made on the type of treatment and the optimal form of anesthesia. Before and after all procedures, a team of 12 certified nursing staff and medical assistants takes care of the patient's health around the clock.
The department applies the very latest medical technologies, for example, the innovative Canfield VECTRA XT 3D modeling system. This system allows the department's doctors to carry out accurate preoperative diagnostics, as well as to plan the course and results of the intervention (the patient can see a realistic computer simulation of his future appearance). The VECTRA XT shows the results with millimeter accuracy, reveals asymmetry and other differences, and also indicates the peculiarities of pigmentation and the condition of the skin vessels.
Along with classical operations on the breast, body and face, the department's specialists use 3D technologies for the planning of non-surgical procedures (for example, treatment of wrinkles and face reshaping). This makes it possible to plan the intervention more accurately and take into account individual specificities. In addition, the patients of the department in this case can also receive a realistic 3D simulation of the desired result.
The doctors pay special attention to individual consultations, during which they give detailed answers to all questions of the patient. In most cases, the doctors have several possible treatment methods, from which the optimal one is selected, taking into account the individual needs and anatomical features of the patient. To increase compliance and achieve the desired aesthetic result, the patient is constantly monitored by the doctor from the moment of the first conversation to postoperative care.
The service range of the department includes the following therapeutic options:
- Breast plastic surgery
- Breast augmentation, including using innovative hybrid method (a combination of implant placement with the introduction of autologous adipose tissue of the patient)
- Breast lift
- Breast reduction
- Replacement of previous implant
- Nipple reshaping
- Breast removal in men with gynecomastia
- Breast reconstructive surgery
- Plastic facial surgery
- Face lift
- Eyelid lift
- Nose reshaping
- Ear reshaping
- Chin correction
- Volumetric lip modeling using hyaluronic acid
- Body plastic surgery
- Dermolipectomy (resection of excess skin and subcutaneous fat)
- Anterior abdominal wall lift
- Shoulder lift
- Hip lift
- Body lift (plastic surgery to lift the buttocks, thighs and abdomen)
- Sweat gland removal
- Intimate surgery
- Calf reshaping
- Scar revision
- Treatment of facial wrinkles
- Treatment for wrinkles using botox injections
- Treatment of wrinkles using hyaluronic acid
- Other medical services
Education and Professional Career
- Study of Human Medicine at the University of Heidelberg, the University of Pittsburgh and Georgetown University (USA).
- 1993 Doctoral thesis defense in Surgery with honors. Subject: "Morphological researches of reperfusion injury after liver transplantation".
- Work in the Department of Plastic Surgery, Florence Nightingale Hospital, Kaiserswerth Deaconesses, Duesseldorf.
- Work in the Department of Surgery at the University Hospital Mannheim.
- Work in the Department of Traumatology at the University Hospital of Mannheim.
- Work in the Department of Pediatric Surgery at the University Hospital Mannheim.
- Since 2003 Chief Physician of the Department of Plastic Surgery at the Klinik am Rhein Duesseldorf.
- 2001 - 2003 Leading Senior Physician, Department of Plastic Surgery, Kaiserswerth Deaconesses.
- 2000 Secretary of the Congress of the 11th Annual Meeting of the European Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery in Berlin.
- 1998 Secretary of the Congress of the 17th Annual Meeting of the German Society of Senology in Duesseldorf.
- Regular participation in meetings of professional associations, as well as national and international congresses.
- Membership in the Duesseldorf Association for the Assessment of the Quality of Work of Plastic Surgeons.
Research and Teaching Activities
- Certified specialist in advanced training courses in Plastic Surgery.
- Regular lectures and guest operations in Germany and abroad.
- Reviewer and Expert of the North Rhine-Westphalian Medical Association.
Membership in Professional Societies
- German Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (DGPRÄC).
Department of Plastic Surgery.
Klinik am Rhein Duesseldorf:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.