Academic Hospital Nuremberg
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Endocrinology and Diabetology (302913)
Specialized in: gastroenterology, hepatology, endocrinology, diabetology
About the department
The Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Endocrinology, Diabetology at the Academic Hospital Nuremberg under the direction of Dr. med. Herbert Muschweck deals with the treatment of patients with all diseases of the digestive organs, endocrine and metabolic disorders, particularly diabetes mellitus. In addition, the department has extensive experience in the field of diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy.
The physicians of the department have deep knowledge and experience in the use of the double-balloon enteroscopy, fine needle aspiration, as well as experience in cancer screening with the use of colonoscopy. In addition, patients can benefit from the 24-hour endoscopy service. The department introduced a new radiofrequency ablation treatment for Barrett's esophagus. In addition to already established methods, the department also offers the entire spectrum of modern treatments of Barrett's esophagus. It is also certified in accordance with DIN EN ISO 9001.
The service range of the department includes:
- Diagnosis and treatment of allergies
- Diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the liver, gallbladder and pancreas
- Diagnosis and treatment of anal disorders
- Diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (gastroenterology)
- Diagnosis and treatment of peritoneal diseases
- Intensive care medicine
- OPTIFAST (weight loss program)
- Approbation (certification) in the "Pharmacist" specialty in 1977.
- General physician in 1988
- "Gastroenterology" in 1989
- Chief physician and head of medical unit at the Altdorf Hospital in 1991.
- Head of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition Department in Nuremberg in 2007.
- Right to further training / retraining in the "Therapy" specialty – the head physician Dr. Mushvek and the senior physician Meyer, 36 months (= full course) of stationary basic retraining in the field of therapy and general medicine according to WBO dd. 24.04.2004 as revised in 2010
- 36 months (= full course) as a medical therapist and gastroenterologist with duties according to WBO from 24.04.2004
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Endocrinology and Diabetology.
Academic Hospital Nuremberg:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home