Academic Hospital Nuremberg
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Endocrinology and Diabetology (302913)
Specialized in: gastroenterology, hepatology, endocrinology, diabetology
The Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Endocrinology, Diabetology at the Academic Hospital Nuremberg under the direction of Dr. med. Herbert Muschweck deals with the treatment of patients with all diseases of the digestive organs, endocrine and metabolic disorders, particularly diabetes mellitus. In addition, the department has extensive experience in the field of diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy.
The physicians of the department have deep knowledge and experience in the use of the double-balloon enteroscopy, fine needle aspiration, as well as experience in cancer screening with the use of colonoscopy. In addition, patients can benefit from the 24-hour endoscopy service. The department introduced a new radiofrequency ablation treatment for Barrett's esophagus. In addition to already established methods, the department also offers the entire spectrum of modern treatments of Barrett's esophagus. It is also certified in accordance with DIN EN ISO 9001.
The service range of the department includes:
- Diagnosis and treatment of allergies
- Diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the liver, gallbladder and pancreas
- Diagnosis and treatment of anal disorders
- Diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (gastroenterology)
- Diagnosis and treatment of peritoneal diseases
- Intensive care medicine
- OPTIFAST (weight loss program)
- Nuremberg, Germany