Academic Hospital Nuremberg
Department of Dermatology (302914)
Specialized in: dermatology
About the department
The Department of Dermatology at the Academic Hospital Nuremberg offers the full range of modern diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the skin, hair and nails. Of particular interest to the department's medical team is the treatment of skin malignancies, inflammatory skin diseases and chronic wounds. The department's tasks also include the diagnostics and treatment of skin allergic reactions. The department employs highly qualified specialists in the field of dermatosurgery and laser therapy. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Erwin Schultz.
The department successfully applies the very latest techniques of surgical dermatology, particularly, it performs plastic surgeries with the transposition of skin flaps, transplantation of free grafts, removal of sentinel lymph nodes in the case of malignant melanoma, removal of the surface layers of the skin (dermabrasion, laser ablation), etc.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Surgical interventions on the skin and subcutaneous fat (including outpatient surgery) for skin tumors, as well as plastic surgery to correct defects after tumor removal (especially on the face)
- Diagnostics and treatment of skin cancer (also within the international clinical trials)
- Special surgical treatment methods for tumors (for example, removal of sentinel lymph nodes)
- Diagnostics and treatment of eczema (for example, neurodermatitis/contact or occupational eczema), including photo- and balneotherapy
- Diagnostics and treatment of psoriasis
- Laser therapy
- Photodynamic therapy
- Diagnostics and treatment of allergic reactions (for example, urticaria, hay fever, asthma, drug allergies and insect venom)
- Diagnostics and treatment of leg ulcers and varicose veins using modern laser and radiofrequency coagulation
- Diagnostics and treatment of occupational skin diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of rectal diseases (hemorrhoids, anal fissures, residual hemorrhoidal skin spots, genital warts)
- Diagnostics and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of puberty disorders and infertility in men (andrology)
- Other medical services
- 2014 Appointment as Professor at the Paracelsus Private Medical University of Salzburg.
- 2012 Appointment as Extraordinary Professor at the Friedrich-Alexander University of Erlangen-Nuremberg.
- 2008 Chief Physician of the Department of Dermatology at the Academic Hospital Nuremberg.
- 2005 - 2008 Leading Senior Physician and Deputy Head of the Department of Dermatology at the University Hospital Marburg.
- 2005 Invitation to the Position of Professor of Dermatology at the University of Marburg.
- 2002 - 2005 Senior Physician in the Department of Dermatology at the University Hospital Erlangen.
- 2005 Additional qualification in tumor drug therapy.
- 2004 Certification in Occupational Dermatology by the Working Group on Dermatology.
- 2002 Habilitation in Dermatology, Friedrich-Alexander University of Erlangen-Nuremberg. Subject: "Principles of active immunotherapy in malignant melanoma".
- 2002 Additional qualification in Allergology.
- 2001 Instructor in the Ultrasound Diagnostics of Pathologies of the Skin and Subcutaneous Fat.
- 2000 - 2005 Quality Management in the Department of Dermatology at the University Hospital Erlangen (implementation of a quality management system and follow-up certification according to ISO 9001: 2000 standards).
- 1998 - 2000 Scholarship of the German Research Foundation, Research Fellow at the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Brussels, Belgium (laboratory of Prof. Pierre van der Bruggen), Research Focus: Cancer Immunotherapy.
- 1998 Board certification in Dermatology and Venereology.
- 1994 Doctoral Degree, University of Würzburg. Subject: "Interleukin-2 and interferon-alpha in the treatment of malignant melanoma".
- 1994 Admission to medical practice.
- 1987 - 1993 Study of Medicine at the University of Würzburg.
- Dermato-oncology and dermatosurgery.
- Treatment of chronic wounds and diabetic foot syndrome.
- Treatment of chronic inflammatory skin diseases (neurodermatitis and psoriasis).
- Treatment of autoimmune skin diseases.
- Allergology and occupational dermatology.
- Immunology of tumors.
- Immunotherapy in malignant melanoma.
- Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation.
- German Research Foundation.
- German Cancer Aid.
- Dutch Digestive Foundation.
- Anniversary Fund of the Austrian National Bank.
- Wilhelm Sander Foundation.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Dermatological Research Association (ADF).
- Working Group on Dermatological Oncology (ADO).
- German Dermatological Society (DDG).
- German Cancer Society (DKG).
- European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer.
- Association for Immunological Cancer Therapy.
- German Society for Allergology and Clinical Immunology (DGAKI).
Photo of the doctor: (c) Klinikum Nürnberg
Department of Dermatology.
Academic Hospital Nuremberg:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.