Academic Hospital Nuremberg
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Mammology (302918)
Specialized in: gynecology, obstetrics, mammology
About the department
According to the Focus magazine, the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Mammology at the Academic Hospital Nuremberg ranks among the top German departments specializing in obstetrics and breast cancer treatment!
The department offers the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic services for patients with diseases of the reproductive system, including breast pathology. The most important focus is on the integrated management of pregnancy, provision of safe childbirth and postpartum monitoring of the mother and child. The state-of-art infrastructure of the department and highly qualified medical staff contribute to successful clinical practice. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Cosima Brucker.
A team of the department's experienced gynecologists provides effective treatment for all diseases of the female reproductive system. The work is based on compliance with high quality standards and the use of innovative drug treatments, as well as minimally invasive surgery. The department is equipped with advanced laser devices and the da Vinci surgical system, which helps to ensure the most sparing treatment and a minimal period of hospitalization. All these innovations are also used for the removal of malignant neoplasms of the female reproductive organs.
Breast diseases are diagnosed and treated within the certified specialized center. The specialists in this field have a perfect command of all treatments for various breast pathologies, including gynecomastia in men. Of particular interest is the treatment of breast cancer in women – from early cancer detection, medical and surgical treatment to reconstructive plastic surgery for the restoration of aesthetic appearance of the breast. The Breast Center is certified in accordance with the standards of the German Cancer Society and the German Society of Senology, and also has DIN EN ISO certificate.
The department's obstetricians take care of a safe pregnancy and successful childbirth. The specialization also covers the management of high-risk pregnancies, multiple pregnancies. The delivery rooms of the department are equipped with everything necessary in order to make childbirth as good as possible, including pleasant music and aroma oils. If desired, the child's father or someone close can stay in the room during childbirth. To relieve pain, doctors use epidural anesthesia, acupuncture, homeopathic remedies. The department has the status of the Level I Perinatal Center, which indicates the outstanding quality of services.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of cancers of the female reproductive system (uterine cancer, cervical cancer, ovarian cancer, vulvar cancer)
- Diagnostics and treatment of precancerous conditions (cervical dysplasia)
- Diagnostics and treatment of endometriosis
- Diagnostics and treatment of urinary incontinence
- Diagnostics and treatment of pelvic prolapse
- Diagnostics and treatment of ovarian cysts
- Diagnostics and treatment of congenital malformations of the female reproductive organs
- Diagnostics and treatment of infertility in women
- Diagnostics and treatment of benign breast diseases
- Benign breast tumors
- Breast cysts
- Inflammatory breast processes
- Diagnostics and treatment of malignant breast diseases
- Precancerous conditions
- Initial stages of breast cancer
- Advanced stages of breast cancer
- Organ-preserving operations
- Surgery to remove lymph nodes, including sentinel ones
- Intraoperative irradiation (Intrabeam®)
- Antihormonal therapy and bisphosphonate therapy
- Adjuvant and neoadjuvant chemotherapy
- Special modern tests to predict treatment results and develop an individual therapeutic regimen (for example, gene expression test)
- Radiation therapy (using state-of-the-art medical equipment, including radiation planning systems)
- Diagnostics and treatment of developmental breast disorders
- Breast deformities
- Breast hypertrophy
- Breast hypoplasia
- Plastic aesthetic interventions on the breast
- Breast reconstruction
- Breast augmentation
- Breast reduction
- Diagnostics and treatment of benign breast diseases
- Integrated pregnancy management, including birth preparation courses
- Childbirth (natural childbirth, С-section, water birth)
- Follow-up care for mother and child, including emergency care in complications
- Pain relief during childbirth (epidural anesthesia, acupuncture, homeopathy, aromatherapy)
- Other medical services
- 1997 Board certification in Gynecology and Obstetrics.
- 1997 Habilitation in Gynecology and Obstetrics, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 1997 Venia docendi in Gynecology and Obstetrics by the Bavarian State Minister.
- 1997 Optional advanced training in Gynecological Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine.
- 2000 Theoretical basis of Laboratory Tests in Gynecology and Obstetrics.
- 2003 Optional advanced training in Special Surgical Gynecology.
- 2004 Optional advanced training in Obstetrics and Perinatal Medicine.
- 2005 Specialization in Gynecologic Oncology.
- Certified Breast Surgeon.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- German Cancer Society (DKG).
- Working Group on Gynecologic Oncology (AGO).
- German Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics (DGGG).
- German-Turkish Medical Association (DTM).
- Professional Association of Gynecologists (BvF).
- German Society of Gynecological Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine (DGGEF), Working Group of the German Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics (DGGG).
- German Society for Reproductive Medicine (DGRM).
- Association of Bavarian Centers for Reproductive Medicine (BRB).
- German Medical Association.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Klinikum Nürnberg
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Mammology.
Academic Hospital Nuremberg:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.