Academic Hospital Nuremberg
Department of Vascular Surgery (302922)
Specialized in: vascular surgery
About the department
The Department of Vascular Surgery at the Academic Hospital Nuremberg offers all the options of modern medicine for the diagnostics and treatment of vascular diseases. It has been successfully treating the patients with vascular pathologies of varying severity for almost 30 years. The department is the European leader in endovascular treatment of aortic aneurysms using innovative prostheses. Another priority focus of the department is the surgical treatment of carotid stenosis with the aim of stroke prevention. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Eric Verhoeven.
The team of the department's doctors has all the necessary professional and technological resources for the treatment of patients with arterial occlusions and their complications, various types of aneurysms, varicose veins, etc. Due to the availability of the cutting-edge endovascular equipment, the surgical treatment is carried out using sparing minimally invasive techniques.
The department also has the advanced diagnostic equipment, including high-resolution systems for magnetic resonance imaging, computed tomography and ultrasound examinations. If necessary, both diagnostics and treatment of patients are carried out in close cooperation with the Department of Radiology (for example, stent implantation into the abdominal aorta or carotid artery).
The main clinical focuses of the department include:
- Diagnostics and treatment of carotid stenosis
- Diagnostics and treatment of aortic aneurysms
- Diagnostics and treatment of peripheral arterial occlusive disease of the lower extremities
- Diagnostics and treatment of varicose veins
- Diagnostics and treatment of acute deep venous thrombosis of the lower extremities
- Dialysis access formation (in collaboration with the Department of Nephrology)
- Other medical services
- 1994 Board certification in Surgery.
- 1995 Board certification in Vascular Surgery.
- 1995 - 2006 Leading Senior Physician in the Department of Endovascular Surgery , University Hospital Groningen, Netherlands.
- September 2005 Habilitation, University of Groningen. Subject: "Endovascular treatment of aneurysm: results and development of new techniques".
- Since 2009 Head of the Department of Vascular Surgery at the Academic Hospital Nuremberg.
- January 2011 Part-time employment, Extraordinary Professor of Surgery at the Faculty of Medicine, University of Lisbon (treatment of complex aortic aneurysms using fenestrated and branched prostheses).
- October 2011 Part-time employment, Extraordinary Professor of Vascular Surgery at the Faculty of Medicine, Catholic University of Leuven (treatment of complex aortic aneurysms using fenestrated and branched prostheses).
- January 2012 Inaugural Lecture, Catholic University of Leuven.
- Endovascular treatment of ruptured aneurysms.
- Endovascular treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysms.
- Treatment of cerebrovascular diseases.
- Minimally invasive treatment of atherosclerotic occlusive processes in the peripheral vessels.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Belgian Society for Vascular Surgery.
- Netherlands Society for Vascular Surgery.
- European Society for Vascular Surgery (ESVS).
- International Society for Endovascular Surgery (ISES).
- International Society for Vascular Surgery (Founding Member).
- German Society of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery.
Work in Editorial Boards
- Editorial Board of Chirurgia Polska.
- Editorial Board of Técnicas Endovasculares.
- Editor of the Journal of Endovascular Therapy, European Journal of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, Polish Journal of Vascular Surgery, Indian Journal of Vascular Surgery.
Department of Vascular Surgery.
Academic Hospital Nuremberg:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.