Academic Hospital Nuremberg
Department of Cardiac Surgery (302924)
Specialized in: cardiosurgery
According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Department of Cardiac Surgery at the Academic Hospital Nuremberg ranks among the top German departments specializing in cardiac surgery!
The Department of Cardiac Surgery at the Academic Hospital Nuremberg under the direction of Prof., M.D. Theodor Fischlein offers all modern services in adult cardiac surgery, including the very latest techniques, such as minimally invasive surgery or heart valve reconstruction.
The doctors of the department annually perform over 1,500 surgeries on the heart or adjacent vessels. About 1,000 of these interventions are performed with the use of the heart-lung machine on the open heart. A team of surgeons is always ready to perform emergency surgical procedures.
The hospital has set new standards in the treatment of the cardiovascular diseases by founding the Cardiovascular Center. Thanks to modern surgical techniques, which offer a number of sparing minimally invasive interventions, the elderly patients can be operated in the department as well. The attention is focused on 3 new operating rooms equipped with the state-of-the-art facilities, including the hybrid operating room with the HD quality imaging diagnosis and magnetically controlled cardiac angiography machine for the treatment of cardiac arrhythmia. Consequently, all invasive, endovascular and open surgical techniques of diagnosis and treatment are available for the patient in the same place.
The department offers the following range of services:
- Aortic aneurysm surgery
- Aortic valve reconstruction
- Treatment by means of the circulatory support devices
- Treatment of heart injuries
- Surgery of congenital heart defects
- Surgery of the coronary heart disease complications: ventricular aneurysm, post-infarct VSD, papillary muscle rupture, ventricular rupture
- Surgeries by means of defibrillator
- Diagnosis and treatment of (congenital) heart disease
- Heart valve surgery, mainly mitral valve reconstruction
- Treatment of heart tumors, heart failure
- Partial coronary surgery (without the use of the heart-lung machine)
- Lung embolectomy
- Minimally invasive endoscopic mitral valve surgery, vein removal, atrial fibrillation
- Pacemaker implantation
- Nuremberg, Germany