Academic Hospital Nuremberg
Department of Cardiology (302925)
Specialized in: cardiology
About the Department of Cardiology at Academic Hospital Nuremberg
According to the Focus magazine, the Department of Cardiology at the Academic Hospital Nuremberg ranks among the top German medical facilities specializing in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases!
The department offers all modern services for the diagnostics and treatment of cardiovascular diseases. Of particular interest is the treatment of patients with pathologies of the heart valves, myocardium, circulatory disorders and cardiac arrhythmias. The department houses progressive Chest Pain Unit specializing in the treatment of acute coronary syndrome and progressive angina pectoris (certified by the German Cardiac Society). The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Matthias Pauschinger.
The department has 115 beds in regular patient rooms, as well as 20 beds in the Intensive Care Unit. Since the key to successful treatment is accurate diagnostics, the department has diagnostic rooms equipped with state-of-the-art equipment for echocardiography, catheter examinations, electrophysiological examinations, cardiac magnetic resonance imaging, etc.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of heart failure
- Diagnostics and treatment of heart valve diseases (insufficiency, stenosis)
- Diagnostics and treatment of acute coronary syndrome
- Diagnostics and treatment of arrhythmias
- Electrophysiological examinations
- Syncope diagnostics
- Catheter ablation
- Implantation of pacemakers, defibrillators and systems for cardiac resynchronization therapy, including monitoring of their work
- Electric and medical cardioversion
- Diagnostics and treatment of arterial hypertension
- Diagnostics and treatment of other cardiological pathologies
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Matthias Pauschinger
Education and Professional Career
- 1981 - 1987 Study of Human Medicine at the University of Ulm.
- 1987 Admission to medical practice.
- 1988 Doctoral thesis defense, Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Ulm.
- 1987 - 1989 Assistant Physician, Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Filderklinik Hospital in Filderstadt.
- 1989 - 1990 Scholarship of the German Research Foundation (Pa 369/1-1), Institute of Pharmacology at the Heidelberg University, Working Group of Prof. Dr. med. R.E. Lang. Subject: "Studies of the function of neuropeptide Y and its C-terminal flanking peptide (CPON) in the heart muscle".
- 1990 - 1994 Research Fellow, Department of Cardiology, Pulmonology and Angiology, University Hospital Duesseldorf.
- 1994 - 1998 Research Fellow, Department of Cardiology and Pulmonology, Benjamin Franklin University Hospital, Free University of Berlin.
- 1998 Board certification in Internal Medicine.
- 2000 Habilitation and Venia legendi in Internal Medicine, Benjamin Franklin University Hospital, Free University of Berlin.
- 2001 Specialization in Cardiology.
- 1999 - 2004 Senior Physician, Department of Cardiology and Pulmonology, Benjamin Franklin University Hospital.
- 2006 Extraordinary Professorship, Charite University Hospital Berlin.
- 2004 - 2007 Leading Senior Physician and Deputy Head of the Heart Center at the Charite University Hospital Berlin.
- Since 01.10. 2007 Head of the Department of Cardiology at the Academic Hospital Nuremberg.
- 2008 Extraordinary Professorship, University of Erlangen-Nuremberg.
- 2010 Additional qualification in Special Internal Medicine.
- 2014 Professor in Internal Medicine and Cardiology, Paracelsus Private Medical University.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- German Society of Internal Medicine.
- German Society of Cardiology.
- Working Group of Leading Physicians of Cardiology Clinics (ALKK).
- Transplant Centre Erlangen-Nuremberg.
- 1995 Research Prize, Department of Human Medicine, Free University of Berlin; 2nd Prize for the work on "Changes in the expression of adenine nucleotide translocator isoform genes in the heart muscle of patients with dilated cardiomyopathy and myocarditis".
- 1998 Research Prize, Department of Human Medicine, Free University of Berlin; 2nd Prize for the work on "Study of the specificities of the myocarditis in mice with severe combined immunodeficiency".
- 1999 Research Prize, Department of Human Medicine, Free University of Berlin; 1st Prize for research on the subject "The effect of virus persistence on the clinical course of dilated cardiomyopathy".
- 2000 Research Prize, Department of Human Medicine, Free University of Berlin; 1st and 3rd Prizes for research on the subject "Ultrasound-guided stent implantation in acute myocardial infarction reduces the frequency of complications and improves long-term results: the results of the BESSAMI research" and "Therapy of enteroviral and adenoviral heart muscle diseases".
- 2001 Research Prize, Department of Human Medicine, Free University of Berlin; 3rd Prize for research on the subject "The need for intravascular ultrasound during the treatment of intra-stent restenosis using brachytherapy".
- 2005 1st Poster Award at the Tripartite Meeting "Heart Failure 2005" in Lucerne. Subject: "The importance of NT-proBNP in the diagnostics of diastolic dysfunction: correlation with catheter examinations of the cardiac conduction system".
Photo of the doctor: (c) Klinikum Nürnberg
Department of Cardiology.
Academic Hospital Nuremberg:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.