Academic Hospital Nuremberg
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (302927)
Specialized in: oral and maxillofacial surgery, plastic surgery
The Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the Academic Hospital Nuremberg under the direction of Univ.-Prof. Dr. Dr. Martin Gosau offers the whole range of services for the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the oral cavity, jaw, as well as facial plastic surgery.
The doctors of the department treat about 1,400 inpatients and perform 500 outpatient surgcal interventions every year. The Outpatient Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery regularly performs dental surgical interventions of any type starting from a tooth extraction and up to complex implantations, as well as minor surgical procedures on the jaw and face under local anesthesia.
Through close collaboration of the complementary disciplines within the regular interdisciplinary conferences in the maximum care hospital and close cooperation with the Departments of Pediatric Surgery, Neurosurgery, Radiation Therapy and Oncology, as well as through the use of cutting-edge diagnostic and therapeutic methods, the patients receive high-class medical services. The highly qualified team of doctors, nurses, dental assistants and administration staff makes every effort to make the patient's hospital stay as pleasant as possible and create the conditions for a speedy recovery.
The Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery offers the following range of services:
- Surgery for chronic pain syndromes
- Surgery on the peripheral nervous system
- Surgical correction of the skull deformities
- Diagnosis and treatment of the face and jaw malformations
- Diagnosis and treatment of (congenital) vascular diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the salivary glands
- Diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the paranasal sinuses
- Diagnosis and treatment of skin tumours
- Diagnosis and treatment of infectious and parasitic diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of infections of the skin and subcutaneous tissue
- Diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the oral cavity
- Diagnosis and treatment of head and neck tumours
- Nuremberg, Germany