Academic Hospital Nuremberg
Department of Adult and Pediatric Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery (302927)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric oral and maxillofacial surgery, facial plastic surgery
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery at the Academic Hospital Nuremberg offers the full range of medical services in these fields. The department's experienced surgeons annually perform about 1,400 surgical interventions on an inpatient basis, as well as about 500 outpatient surgeries. To provide surgical treatment, the department has two cutting-edge central operating rooms and one outpatient operating room. The outpatient services also include such dental procedures as tooth extraction, installation of dental implants, etc. The department is headed by Dr. med. Dr. med. dent. Stefan Gerlich.
The key attention in the department is paid to the surgical treatment of benign and malignant neoplasms, surgical correction of dysgnathia, surgical treatment of maxillofacial malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, plastic facial reconstructive surgery and treatment of maxillofacial injuries.
Thanks to close cooperation with experts in the field of pediatric surgery, neurosurgery, radiation therapy and oncology, as well as the use of the most modern diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, the patients are provided with an optimal treatment result taking into account the aesthetic aspect.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and surgical correction of complete cleft lip, jaw and palate, maxillofacial defects in adults and children
- Diagnostics and treatment of malignant maxillofacial diseases
- Squamous cell carcinoma of the oral cavity
- Basal cell carcinoma of the facial skin
- Squamous cell carcinoma of the face
- Salivary gland cancer
- Diagnostics and treatment of oral mucosal diseases
- Dermatosurgery (treatment of benign and malignant changes in the skin and skin appendages on the face and neck)
- Benign neoplasms
- Benign connective tissue tumours (fibromas)
- Malignant neoplasms
- Basal cell carcinoma
- Squamous cell carcinoma
- Malignant melanomas
- Benign neoplasms
- Emergency medical care in fractures of the facial bones, abscesses in the face and neck, uncontrolled haemorrhages from the oral cavity and facial skull and other life-threatening conditions
- Surgical correction of dysgnathia (malocclusion)
- Injection therapy using Botox and hyaluronic acid (functional and aesthetic purposes)
- Installation of dental implants, including bone augmentation
- Plastic reconstructive surgery (microsurgical tissue transfer, flap plastic surgery)
- Septic head and neck surgery
- Diagnostics and treatment of maxillofacial injuries
- Injuries and damages of the teeth
- Injuries of soft maxillofacial tissues
- Maxillofacial fractures
- Other surgical options
Photo: (c) depositphotos
Department of Adult and Pediatric Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery.
Academic Hospital Nuremberg:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.