Academic Hospital Nuremberg
Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Hand Surgery (302928)
Specialized in: plastic surgery, reconstructive surgery, hand surgery
About the department
The Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Hand Surgery at the Academic Hospital Nuremberg offers the full range of surgical interventions in these fields. The department is also highly competent in the treatment of burns of all degrees of severity. The department has 26 beds for hospitalization of patients. A team of doctors annually treats more than 1,200 inpatients. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Bert Reichert.
The basis of successful clinical practice is the use of modern surgical techniques, such as microsurgery, laser surgery, endoscopy. During any surgical intervention, the surgeons strive to minimize the damage to healthy tissues. The department has a reputation as one of the best and largest in Germany, which is facilitated by the high level of patients' satisfaction with medical care.
The priority fields of the department's specialization include the removal of malignant tumors of the limbs with follow-up reconstruction, as well as breast reconstruction in women upon its removal during cancer treatment (surgeons mostly use patient's own tissues). The department annually treats about 60 patients with a diagnosis of cancer. The department has extensive experience in the field of operations to remove soft tissue sarcomas with the preservation of limbs.
The main activities of the department include:
- Reconstructive interventions to correct the effects of injuries, resection of tumors and malformations
- Hand surgery
- Dupuytren's contracture
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Aesthetic plastic surgery
- Body contouring surgery
- Nose reshaping
- Chin augmentation
- Chin reduction
- Zygomatic bone augmentation
- Zygomatic bone reduction
- Burn medicine (treatment of burns of all degrees of severity)
- Flame burns
- Hot liquid burns
- Burns caused by explosions
- Chemical burns
- Electric burns
- Other medical services
- 1984 Admission to medical practice and doctoral thesis defense.
- 1984 - 1985 Military Physician.
- 1993 Board certification in Surgery.
- 1996 Board certification in Surgery.
- 1997 Additional qualification in Hand Surgery.
- Board certification in Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery.
- 2003 Habilitation and the title of PD.
- Since 2004 Chief Physician of the Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Hand Surgery at the Academic Hospital Nuremberg.
- 2012 Invitation to the position of Extraordinary Professor, University of Regensburg.
- 2014 Appointment as Professor at the Paracelsus Private Medical University.
- Surgical treatment of soft tissue tumors.
- Reconstructive plastic surgery using microsurgical techniques.
- Interventions on the peripheral nervous system.
- Treatment of Dupuytren's contracture.
- Body contouring.
- Correction of age-related changes.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- German Dupuytren's Contracture Society (Member of the Scientific Advisory Board).
- German Society of Surgery.
- German Society of Hand Surgery.
- German Society of Senology.
- Former President of the German Society for Burn Treatment (DGV).
- German Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons.
- European Dupuytren's Contracture Society (Member of the Advisory Board).
- North-West German Association of Surgeons.
- German-speaking Working Group on Peripheral Nerve and Vascular Microsurgery (DAM).
Photo of the doctor: (c) Klinikum Nürnberg
Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Hand Surgery.
Academic Hospital Nuremberg:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.