Academic Hospital Nuremberg
Department of Pediatric Surgery and Urology (302933)
Specialized in: pediatric surgery, pediatric urology
About the department
The Department of Pediatric Surgery and Urology at the Academic Hospital Nuremberg under the direction of Dr. med. Karl Bodenschatz provides children with high quality medical care. Children receive the best medical care, operational methods with the least number of incisions and pain therapy adopted to the individual needs of children, as well as a friendly atmosphere in which each child is treated with great attention and respect.
It goes without saying that sick children need special attention and special treatments. Sometimes children react sensitively to the necessary treatments. The department’s staff is very well prepared to provide children with the best possible healthcare.
The Department of Pediatric Surgery and Urology offers the full spectrum of pediatric general surgeries. Wherever possible, physicians of the department use minimally invasive surgical techniques in an effort to reduce pain and shorten the time of hospital stay. To provide both diagosis and treatment, the Hospital Nuremberg has well-proven, modern and innovative technologies and techniques, including a special pediatric radiology facility.
The priority areas of the department are:
- Treatment of hypospadias: a technique depends on the indications (e.g., Snodgrass technique)
- Treatment of vesicoureteral reflux: cystoscopy, ureteral neoimplantation
- Treatment of ureteral stenosis: Anderson Hynes technique
- Thoracic surgery
- Treatment of pneumothorax, pleural synechia
- Treatment of lung, sequester cancer
- Treatment of esophageal atresia: thoracoscopic and open surgery
- Abdominal surgery
- Treatment of all diseases and congenital developmental defects in newborns, adolescents with either open or laparoscopic surgery
- Laparoscopy (appendectomy, cholecystectomy, Meckel’s diverticulum, varicocele etc.)
- Surgical treatment according to Pena’s technique (anal atresia)
- Endorectal pull-through (M. Hirschsprung)
- Treatment of injury consequences
- Treatment of bone and joint injuries, multiple injuries. Technique: use of all osteosynthesis methods, especially elastic intramedullary splinting (ESIN), osteosynthesis with Kirschner wires, osteosynthesis with screws, transosseous osteosynthesis with external fixation
- Arthroscopy of knee and ankle joints
- Ligament replacement, meniscus refixation, lateral release
- Corrective osteotomy etc., septic bone surgery
- Burn surgery
- Treatment of burns and scalding in children 30-40% of BSA. Technique: any skin grafting, derma transplantation (by means of Suprathel, Integra, Matriderm substitutes), postoperative treatment of scars and contractures
- Laser treatment
- Lymphangiomas, hemangiomas. Technique: percutaenously, interstitially
Department of Pediatric Surgery and Urology.
Academic Hospital Nuremberg:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home