Diagnosis and conservative treatment of hormonal disorder in men with testosterone deficiency (program ID: 300970)
Jürgen ZumbéSpecialized in: adult and pediatric urology
Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- history taking
- general clinical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- biochemical analysis of blood
- measurement of hormone levels in blood
- collection of daily urine for hormone analysis
- pelvic organs
- adrenal glands
- examination by andrologist / urologist
- consultation of related specialists
- symptomatic specific treatment
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- control examinations
- full hospital accommodation
- developing of further guidance
You may also book
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology at the Leverkusen Clinic offers the full range of diagnostic procedures, as well as conservative and surgical treatment of diseases of the kidneys, adrenal glands, ureters, bladder, prostate gland and male reproductive organs. The department also treats diseases of the genitourinary system in young patients. The department's specialists have rich experience in the treatment of erectile dysfunction and urinary incontinence. The department belongs to the leading Urology Centers in Germany with high treatment success rates. The Chief Physician of the department is PD Dr. med. Jürgen Zumbé.
The department is a certified Prostate Center. The main focus is on the minimally invasive removal of the prostate using da Vinci Surgical System, modern treatment methods for benign prostatic hyperplasia and prostate cancer.
The department's doctors are highly qualified in the treatment of prostate cancer. The department has various biopsy methods, which allows the doctors to sample the prostate tissue from various loci (up to 12 points). This method is as accurate as possible and is characterized by low prostate traumatization. A prerequisite for the successful treatment of cancers is the cooperation of doctors from related fields, and therefore all treatment programs are developed at special interdisciplinary tumor boards, taking into account the opinions of the necessary specialists. In most cases, the treatment regimen includes surgery, chemotherapy and innovative radiation methods, including brachytherapy.
The clinical practice mostly involves the use of minimally invasive operations. Nowadays, the department's doctors carry out such interventions in those clinical cases, which until recently required extensive open surgery. In addition, the department widely uses laser technologies, such as Greenlight laser therapy.
The department's urologists also offer the comprehensive treatment for urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse in women and men. If necessary, abdominal surgeons, gynecologists and physiotherapists are involved in the therapeutic process.
The department also offers top-class services in pediatric urology. The pediatric urologists mostly perform operations to correct congenital malformations of the genitourinary system, for example, malformations of the ureters, hypospadias, epispadias, undescended testes, phimosis. In addition, the common diagnosis in children is enuresis.
The department's key focuses include:
- Diagnostics and treatment of prostate cancer
- MRI-guided fusion biopsy
- Active surveillance (most often, in elderly patients)
- Prostatectomy using da Vinci Surgical System
- Radiation therapy
- Hormone therapy
- Diagnostics and treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia
- PSA test
- Drug therapy
- Transurethral resection of the prostate
- Bipolar transurethral resection of the prostate
- XPS-Greenlight-Laser therapy
- Transurethral needle ablation of the prostate
- Diagnostics and treatment of kidney stone disease
- Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy
- Percutaneous nephrolithotripsy (for large kidney stones)
- Ureteroscopy (for ureteral stones)
- Diagnostics and treatment of bladder cancer
- Diagnostics and treatment of andrological problems in men
- Microsurgical refertilization
- Penile revascularization
- Implantation of cavernous body in erectile dysfunction
- Penile curvature correction
- Diagnostics and treatment of urological diseases in children
- Recurrent urinary tract infections
- Vesicoureteral reflux
- Urethral valves
- Renal pelvis outflow stenosis
- Other medical services
- 1981 Doctoral degree, University of Cologne.
- 1983 Doctoral degree, University of Essen.
- 1982 - 1986 Assistant Physician, Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology, Leverkusen Clinic.
- 1987 - 1993 Senior Physician of the Department of Urology.
- 1994 - 1997 Work at the University Hospital Cologne.
- Since 2001 Head of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology at the Leverkusen Clinic.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- European Association of Genital Microsurgery, German Section of Urological Microsurgery.
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Diagnosis and conservative treatment of hormonal disorder in men with testosterone deficiency
- Hospital: Leverkusen Clinic
- access_time Duration:
There are 78 hypogonadism (testosterone deficiency) treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics