Total shoulder joint replacement for shoulder arthritis (program ID: 371915)
University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
Wolfgang BöckerSpecialized in: traumatology, reconstructive surgery
Department of Traumatology and Reconstructive Surgery
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- physical examination
- review of medical records
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- indicators of inflammation (CRP, ESR)
- indicators blood coagulation
- x-ray examination of the shoulder
- CT/MRI scan of the shoulder
- preoperative care
- design of the patient-specific implant using 3 d system
- computer-assisted shoulder joint replacement
- the cost of the implant included
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- physiotherapeutic procedures
- orthopedic appliances
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- full hospital accommodation
- explanation of future recommendations
- Medical records
- X-ray examination, MRI/CT scan (if available)
You may also book
About the department
The Department of Traumatology and Reconstructive Surgery at the the University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich offers the full range of treatment of acute and chronic, acquired and congenital injuries of the musculoskeletal system of any severity. In addition, the department specializes in reconstructive interventions. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Wolfgang Böcker.
The operating rooms of the department are equipped with the advanced medical devices to provide effective medical care, including emergency. A competent team of doctors works in the department around the clock and it is ready to help in urgent clinical cases at any moment.
It should be noted that the department is a certified supra-regional Emergency Care Center for treating highly severe and secondary injuries. Also, it is certified by the German Trauma Society.
The service range of the department includes:
- Treatment of injuries in elderly patients
- Spinal injuries
- Сervical spine injuries (for example, odontoid process fracture)
- Vertebral fractures in osteoporosis (traumatic/atraumatic)
- Pelvic bones injuries
- Upper limb injuries
- Shoulder fractures (proximal/distal)
- Forearm and wrist fractures
- Lower limb injuries
- Femoral neck fractures
- Femoral shaft fractures
- Shin bone fractures
- Fractures after endoprosthetics or due to osteosynthesis
- Knee fractures after endoprosthetics
- Bone fractures after surgical stabilization
- Weakening and destruction of prostheses / implants
- Spinal injuries
- Treatment of bone diseases and metabolic bone diseases
- Osteoporosis in women and men
- Stress fractures
- Bone marrow edema
- Secondary osteoporosis (for example, steroid osteoporosis)
- Osteoporosis in pregnant women
- Osteoporosis in mastocytosis
- Drug-induced osteoporosis (for example, aromatase inhibitors or antiviral therapy)
- Osteomalacia and rickets
- Paget's disease
- Vitamin D deficiency
- Osteogenesis imperfecta
- Rare metabolic osteopathies
- Damages of the musculoskeletal system in athletes
- Spinal and pelvic bone injuries
- Cervical spine injuries
- Thoracic spine injuries
- Lumbar spine injuries
- Pelvic ring injuries
- Acetabulum injuries
- Treatment of shoulder and elbow injuries and degenerative diseases
- Impingement syndrome
- Rotator cuff reconstruction in its rupture
- Shoulder arthrosis
- Stabilization in shoulder dislocation and instability
- Frozen shoulder
- Clavicle fracture
- Humeral head fracture
- Biceps tendon injuries
- Shoulder endoprosthetics
- Elbow fractures
- Tennis elbow
- Golfer's elbow
- Ulnar nerve entrapment
- Elbow endoprosthetics
- Treatment of knee injuries
- Treatment of sports injuries
- Treatment of foot, ankle injuries and diseases
- Achilles tendon rupture
- Ankle sprain
- Ankle impingement syndrome
- Ankle chronic instability
- Ankle cartilage damage
- Ankle fractures
- Ankle osteoarthritis
- Charcot arthropathy
- Heel spurs
- Flat feet
- Fracture to the base of the fifth metatarsal
- Hallux rigidus
- Hallux valgus
- Morton's neuroma
- Septic surgery
- 3D surgery
- Spinal navigation surgery
- Other medical services
- 2017 President of the European Orthopaedic Research Society Congress in Munich.
- 2014 President of the Osteology Congress, Munich.
- 2014 Head of the Department of Traumatology and Reconstructive Surgery at the University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, Campus Innenstadt and Grosshadern.
- 2014 Spokesman of Upper Bavaria Trauma Network (Traumanetzwerk Oberbayern/München Süd).
- 2013 Managing Senior Physician, Department of Traumatology, University Hospital of Giessen and Marburg (Head: Prof. Dr. med. Dr. h.c. Reinhard Schnettler).
- 2013 Head of the Working Group on Osteology of the German Trauma Society.
- 2012 Senior Physician, Department of Traumatology, University Hospital Giessen and Marburg (Head: Prof. Dr. med. Dr. h.c. Reinhard Schnettler).
- 2011 Senior Physician, Section of Traumatology, Department of Surgery, Campus Grosshadern, University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (Head: Prof. Dr. med. Wolf Mutschler).
- 2009 Acting Head of the Department, Section of Traumatology, Department of Surgery, Campus Grosshadern, University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (Head: Prof. Dr. med. Wolf Mutschler).
- 2010 - 2012 Emergency Service Doctor (Intensivhubschrauber Christoph München), Campus Grosshadern, University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 2002 Research Fellow, Department of Surgery, Campus Innenstadt, University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 2008 Rotation, advanced training for a Medical Specialist, Department of Orthopedics, University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (Head: Prof. Dr. med. Volkmar Jansson).
- 2006 - 2007 Rotation, advanced training for a Medical Specialist, Berufsgenossenschaftlichen Unfallklinik Ludwigshafen, Department of Traumatology and Reconstructive Surgery, University Hospital Heidelberg (Head: Prof. Dr. med. Andreas Wentzens).
- 2006 - 2007 Emergency Service Doctor (Rettungshubschrauber Christoph).
- 2002 - 2012 Emergency Service Doctor, NAW Munich-Mitte.
- 2000 - 2002 Resident, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
- 1996 - 1998 Assistant Physician and Intern, Department of Internal Medicine II, University Hospital Regensburg.
- 1996 One-year practice at the Medical College of Ohio, Toledo, Ohio.
- 1990 - 1996 Study of Medicine at the Free University of Berlin.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- 2014 Working Group on Traumatology (Trauma AKADEMIE).
- 2015 Professional Association of Bavarian Surgeons.
- 2013 Fragility Fracture Network.
- 2008 Professional Association of German Surgeons (BDC).
- 2007 Working Group AO Alumni Association (AOAA), and since 2011 Working Group on Traumatology.
- 2005 German Trauma Society (DGU).
- 2005 German Society for Stem Cell Research.
- 1996 Massachusetts Medical Society.
- Der Unfallchirurg.
- European Orthopaedics and Traumatology.
- Biomedical Materials.
- Zentralblatt für Chirurgie.
- Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery.
- European Spine Journal.
- Notfall + Rettungsmedizin.
Photo of the doctor: (c) LMU Klinikum
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Total shoulder joint replacement for shoulder arthritis
- Hospital: University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
There are 57 shoulder arthritis treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics