Marienhaus Hospital St. Elisabeth Neuwied
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (289999)
Specialized in: oral and maxillofacial surgery
About the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Marienhaus Hospital St. Elisabeth Neuwied
The Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the Marienhaus Hospital St. Elisabeth Neuwied provides the high-quality diagnostics and treatment in the area of its specialization. Of particular interest are the operations for benign and malignant tumors in the maxillofacial region, implantology, treatment of maxillofacial injuries, plastic aesthetic and reconstructive surgery. When planning the intervention, the department's surgeons consider not only the therapeutic and functional result, but also pay due attention to the aesthetic aspect. The department is headed by PD Dr. Dr. med. Matthias Wenghoefer, who is also the head of the private practice in oral and maxillofacial surgery.
The priority fields of the department's work include:
- Medical care for patients with maxillofacial injuries
- Dental implantology
- Diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the oral cavity
- Diagnostics and treatment of maxillofacial anomalies
- Diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the salivary glands
- Diagnostics and treatment of dental diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of diseases of tooth-supporting apparatus
- Diagnostics and treatment of tumors of the oral cavity, jaw and face
- Epithetics (special type of prosthetics after injuries and extensive surgical interventions)
- Surgery on the jaw and skull bones
- Plastic reconstructive surgery
- Diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the jaw and temporomandibular joint
- Diagnostics and treatment of cleft palate
- Treatment of wrinkles (injections of botulinum toxin A, fillers, hyaluronic acid)
- Other fields of clinical practice
The surgical spectrum of the department includes:
- Implant placement
- Bone tissue augmentation
- Sinus lift
- Surgical treatment of dysgnathia
- Surgical correction of incorrect position of the teeth and jaws
- Pre-prosthetic surgery
- Vestibuloplasty (oral cavity vestibule plastic surgery)
- Plastic surgery to eliminate floor of the mouth defects
- Plastic surgery using free mucosal grafts
- Periodontal surgery
- Surgical treatment of periodontal diseases (open treatment, closed curettage)
- Pain therapy
- Pain management for temporomandibular joint, chronic facial pain
- Dental surgery
- Extraction of teeth, including wisdom tooth
- Root apex resection
- Treatment of dental injuries
- Treatment of maxillofacial injuries
- Cancer surgery
- Removal of benign and malignant tumors in the maxillofacial region
- Surgery for maxillofacial deformities
- Correction of complete cleft lip, jaw and palate
- Aesthetic surgery
- Nose reshaping
- Eyelid surgery
- Mouth corner lift
- Treatment of wrinkles using surgical techniques
- Other services
Curriculum vitae of PD Dr. Dr. med. Matthias Wenghoefer
Education and Professional Career
- 1993 - 2000 Study of Human Medicine at the University of Bonn.
- 2000 - 2004 Study of Dentistry, University of Bonn.
- 2004 - 2008 Training for board certification, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery, University Hospital Bonn.
- August 2008 Board certification in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Since 2009 Acting Head of the Department and Responsible for Consulting in Orthognathic Surgery, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery, University Hospital Bonn.
- October 2010 Venia Legendi in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- July 2011 Additional specialization in Facial Plastic Surgery.
- Since 2013 Creation of Private Practice in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in Koblenz, as well as the Head of the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the Marienhaus Hospital St. Elisabeth Neuwied.
- Molecular mechanisms in the development of head and neck tumors.
- Orthognathic surgery.
- Temporomandibular joint disorders.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Marienhaus Kliniken GmbH
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Marienhaus Hospital St. Elisabeth Neuwied:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.