MEDIAN Rehabilitation Clinic Bad Sülze
Department of Neurological and Clinical Neuropsychological Rehabilitation (25873)
Specialized in: neurological and clinical neuropsychological rehabilitation
About the department
The Department of Neurological and Clinical Neuropsychological Rehabilitation at the MEDIAN Rehabilitation Clinic Bad Sülze specializes in the recovery of patients with diseases of the central and peripheral nervous system, including the most severe forms. It offers all phases of neurological rehabilitation, as well as therapeutic measures to restore the patient's ability to work. The patient with all their needs and wishes is at the center of all efforts of the department’s medical team. The department is headed by Dr. med. Cornelia Müller.
In neurological conditions, which cause numerous disorders, patients require a complex and multidisciplinary therapy that covers elements of physiotherapy, occupational therapy, and, if necessary, speech therapy, neuropsychological measures. Consequently, after a thorough initial examination, the doctor coordinates the goals of rehabilitation with the patient. Then there is developed an individual treatment plan, which, according to the examinations, can be supplemented and optimized during weekly medical consultations to improve both efficiency and tolerability of patient care.
The department has a social service, which supports patients and their relatives during the rehabilitation and helps to solve problems that may arise due to the disease and worsen a person's life. The social service closely interacts with all participants of the rehabilitation process. Along with medical treatment and patient care, this service aims to rapidly reintegrate a person into the professional and social environment. The department also provides advice on healthy nutrition (e.g., in multiple sclerosis, cancers, food intolerance, allergies, rheumatism, osteoporosis).
Neuropsychological diagnostics involves detection and description of current cognitive, emotional and motivational abnormalities. Diagnostics should be used to determine the ability of orientation, attention, learning and thinking, the ability to plan ahead and cope with certain situations, as well as the ability to visual perception.
The Department of Neurological and Clinical Neuropsychological Rehabilitation offers a wide range of diagnostic services:
- Electroencephalography (EEG), electromyography (EMG), electroneurography (ENG), evoked potentials (VP), transcranial magnetic stimulation, diagnostics of brainstem reflexes
- Extracranial and transcranial color Doppler sonography
- Duplex sonography
- X-ray diagnostics
- Clinical and chemical laboratory diagnostics
- Diagnosis of neuropsychological possibilities, incl. diagnostics to determine an ability to drive
- Speech, language and voice tests
The department offers rehabilitation of patients after the following neurological disorders and surgical interventions:
- Stroke (cerebral infarction and cerebral hemorrhage)
- Surgery on extracranial and intracranial vessels of the brain
- Surgery to remove brain and spinal cord tumors
- Meningitis and encephalitis
- Hypoxic brain damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Traumatic injuries of either peripheral nerve or plexus
- Multiple sclerosis
- Muscular diseases
- Parkinson's disease
- Neurodegenerative systemic diseases
- Congenital diseases, such as nervous system malformations
- Migraines and other headache syndromes
- Brain dysfunction (including memory loss, impaired concentration)
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Interdisciplinary treatment of psychosomatic complaints and depression, chronic pain
The main treatment focuses of the department include:
- Sports therapy
- High Frequency Arm-Hand-Therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
Department of Neurological and Clinical Neuropsychological Rehabilitation.
MEDIAN Rehabilitation Clinic Bad Sülze:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home