Chemotherapy for adrenal cancer (program ID: 599496)
MediClin Robert Janker Clinic
Katri Elina ClemensSpecialized in: oncology, palliative care
Department of Oncology and Palliative Care
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- history taking
- general clinical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- TSH-basal, fT3, fT4
- tumor markers
- inflammation indicators
- indicators blood coagulation
- hormone blood test
- abdominal CT/ MRI
- ultrasound examination
- 1 course chemotherapy
- nursing staff services
- elaboration of individual treatment plan
- Medical records
- MRI/CT scan (not older than 3 months)
- Biopsy results (if available)
You may also book
About the department
The Department of Oncology and Palliative Care at the MediClin Robert Janker Clinic provides palliative treatment for patients with incurable diseases. The goal of the department's doctors is to alleviate the symptoms of the disease and improve the quality of human life. The department's specialists use an individual approach to each patient and always take into account his wishes. A competent multidisciplinary team, which consists of palliative care experts, nurses, psycho-oncologists, physiotherapists and social workers, works here for the benefit of patients. The department is headed by Dr. med. Katri Elina Clemens.
The department's doctors mostly admit patients with incurable cancers, neurological pathologies, various types of dementia, diseases of the heart, lungs, kidneys and liver. The focus is on patients with advanced cancers. In addition to therapeutic measures, psycho-oncologists intensively work with the patient (if necessary, and with his relatives). They help the patients and their families to cope with a severe diagnosis and maintain good spirits.
The department offers palliative care for patients with the following diseases and pathological conditions:
- Malignant diseases, particularly, bowel cancer, ovarian cancer, esophageal cancer, metastasis in the liver, kidneys and soft tissues
- Incurable types of dementia
- Incurable heart diseases
- Incurable lung diseases
- Incurable kidney diseases
- Incurable neurological diseases
- Stressful symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, shortness of breath, constipation in the case of incurable diseases
- Psychosocial problems with incurable diseases
- Chronic musculoskeletal pain
- Other diseases
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Palliative pain and symptomatic therapy (the treatment scheme is developed in accordance with the individual needs, depending on the intensity of pain)
- Palliative radiation therapy (mainly prescribed to relieve symptoms in cancers)
- Palliative chemotherapy (helps to slow the progression of cancer and the spread of metastasis)
- Therapeutic gymnastics
- Relaxing techniques
- Psychosocial support
- Other therapeutic services
- Study of Human Medicine at the University of Bonn.
Clinical and Scientific Career
- 1995 - 2000 Medical Consultant of the Johanniter-Unfallhilfe (mainly Africa and Eastern Europe).
- 1998 - 2000 Internship, Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care, Palliative Care and Pain Therapy, Malteser Hospital Bonn-Rhein-Sieg.
- 2000 - 2005 Assistant Physician, Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care, Palliative Care and Pain Therapy, Malteser Hospital Bonn-Rhein-Sieg.
- 2004 - 2010 Lecturer in Palliative Care, University of Bonn.
- 2005 - 2010 Head of the Training and Research Center, Palliative Care Center, University of Bonn, Malteser Hospital Bonn-Rhein-Sieg.
- 2005 - 2010 Qualified Specialist in Palliative Care, Palliative Care Center, Malteser Hospital Bonn-Rhein-Sieg.
- 2006 Appointment as Examination Board Member for Additional Qualification in Palliative Care, Medical Association of North Rhine-Westphalia.
- 2007 United Nations, Consultant of the International Atomic Energy Agency; Department of Nuclear Science in Medicine, Vienna, Austria.
- Since 2011 Head of the Department of Oncology and Palliative Care at the MediClin Robert Janker Clinic.
- Medical Specialist in Anesthesiology.
- Additional Qualification in Palliative Care.
- Admission to carry out the advanced training courses in Palliative Care, Medical Association of North Rhine-Westphalia.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- German Association for Palliative Medicine (DGP).
- German Cancer Society (DKG).
- German Society for the Study of Pain (DGSS).
- German Society of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine (DGAI).
- International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP).
- International Association for Hospice and Palliative Care (IAHPC).
- European Association for Palliative Care (EAPC).
Photo of the doctor: (c) MEDICLIN Robert Janker Klinik