Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul
The Department of Neurology (302853)
Specialized in: neurology
About the department
The Department of Neurology at the Medipol Mega University Hospital in Istanbul under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Lütfü Hanoğlu deals with research, diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the brain, brain stem, spinal cord and peripheral nervous and muscle system. The range of diagnostic and therapeutic services of the Department also comprises movement disorders, epilepsy, cerebral vascular diseases, sleep disorders and the dementia.
A comprehensive diagnosis underlies a successful treatment of neurological disorders. For this purpose, the Department under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Lütfü Hanoğlu has at its disposal the latest diagnostic possibilities. These include, inter alia, clinical electrophysiology laboratory, EEG, EMG, Evoked potentials, polysomnography (used for detection of sleep-apnea syndrome, sleep related movement disorders and disorders originated from sleep), neuropsychology laboratory. Another diagnostic and treatment option is Cognitive Rehabilitation Unit.
Main treatment areas of the Department of Neurology at the Medipol Mega University Hospital in Istanbul:
- General Neurological Disorders Clinic
- Parkinson's and Movement Disorders Clinic
- Forgetfulness and Behavioral Disorders Clinic
- Neuromuscular Diseases Clinic
- Cognitive Neuropsychology Lab and Rehabilitation unit
- Clinical Electrophysiology Lab
The range of medical and therapeutic services of the Department of Neurology at the Medipol Mega University Hospital in Istanbul comprises the following diseases:
- Stroke (brain vessel obstruction, cerebral hemorrhage)
- Amnesia disorders (Alzheimer disease etc.)
- Neuropathies (due to diabetes, genetic, toxic, neuropathies due to several diseases or use of medications etc.)
- Muscular diseases
- Movement disorders (Parkinson disease, dystonia etc.)
- Conditions with intracranial pressure increase (hydrocephaly, brain tumor, pseudo tumor cerebri etc.)
- Spinal cord diseases
- Motor neuron diseases (Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis)
- Myastenia gravis
- Multiple sclerosis
- Sleeping disorders (sleep-apnea syndrome, REM behavior disorder, restless legs syndrome etc.)
- Neurologic complications due to systemic disorders and medications used for several reasons
- 1988-1992: Bakırköy Psychiatric Hospital, Residency, Istanbul
- 1979-1985: Ege University Medical Faculty, Undergraduation, İzmir
- 2010 - Present: Medipol University Hospital, Neurology Specialist, İstanbul
- 2004-Present: Nisa Hospital, Neurology Specialist, İstanbul
- 2003-2004: Alman Hospital, Neurology Specialist, İstanbul
- 2000-2002: Memorial Hospital, Neurology Specialist, İstanbul
The Department of Neurology.
Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home