Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul
Department of Adult and Pediatric Cardiac Surgery (302857)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric cardiac surgery
About the Department of Adult and Pediatric Cardiac Surgery at Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Cardiac Surgery at the Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment of cardiovascular diseases, including rehabilitation measures. The competence also includes resuscitation in the specialized Resuscitation Units. The department deals with the treatment of patients of various age categories, ranging from newborn babies to the elderly. The modern infrastructure, high-tech operating rooms in combination with the exceptional professionalism of the medical personnel create a solid basis for the best treatment result. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Halil Türkoğlu.
The department's operating rooms are equipped with laminar air flow ventilation systems, heart-lung machines, autotransfusion systems and intra-aortic balloon pumps. Once a surgical procedure is completed, the patient will be transferred to the Intensive Care Unit, where each bed is equipped with monitors for hemodynamic indicator control.
The department's cardiac surgeons specialize in operations for congenital heart defects in children. If such pathologies are detected at the stage of intrauterine development, the operation can be performed immediately after birth. If possible, the surgeons perform minimally invasive interventions, which guarantee rapid postoperative recovery and a better cosmetic result. The department also performs hybrid interventions.
Cardiac surgical procedures in adult patients include coronary artery bypass grafting for coronary heart disease, reconstructive surgery and prosthetic heart valve surgery, treatment of aortic aneurysms with endovascular interventions, interventions for heart rhythm disturbances, hybrid surgery, etc.
In addition, the department provides the surgical treatment for impaired peripheral artery patency, as well as varicose veins, using laser and radio frequency technologies. The patients with traumatic injuries of the heart and blood vessels receive urgent treatment. If necessary, the doctors from other specialties (general practitioners, plastic surgeons, and others) are involved in the therapeutic process.
The department's diagnostic and surgical service range includes:
- Electrocardiography (ECG)
- Treadmill stress test
- Transthoracic echocardiography (TTE)
- 3D transesophageal echocardiography
- Stress echocardiography
- Transesophageal echocardiography (TEE)
- 3D transesophageal echocardiography (TEE)
- Holter monitoring (ECG)
- Event recorder (a device, which records ECG at the time of the occurrence of heart disorders)
- 24-hour blood pressure monitoring (BPM)
- Orthostatic test (assessment of the functional state of the heart on an orthostatic table)
- Surgical treatment
- Implantation of temporary and permanent pacemakers
- Electrophysiological procedures
- Catheter ablation
- Mitral balloon valvuloplasty
- Percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty
- Cardiac catheterization
- Vascular dilatation for chronic occlusion
- Transcatheter aortic valve implantation
- Surgery for congenital heart defects
- Renal denervation for the treatment of resistant hypertension
- Other medical services
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Halil Türkoğlu
Education and Professional Career
- 1985 - 1993 Istanbul University.
- 1979 Hacettepe University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Cardiac Surgery.
- 2011 Specialization in Pediatric Cardiac Surgery.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul
Department of Adult and Pediatric Cardiac Surgery.
Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.