Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul
Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology (302863)
Specialized in: urology, pediatric urology
About the department
The Department of Urology at the Medipol Mega University Hospital in Istanbul under the lead of Prof. Dr. med. Selami Albayrak offers the full range of urological diagnosis and treatment options. A focal point of the Department is operative treatment of prostate diseases; the treatment can be performed with the aid of high frequency sound waves (high intensity focused ultrasound, HIFU). Depending on the current case, surgery can be carried out with an open or a laparoscopic / endoscopic technique.
The urology practice at the Medipol Mega University Hospital in Istanbul focuses on the diseases of urinary tract congestion, prostate enlargement, impotence, infertility, urinary evasion, kidney and urinary tract stones, cancers of kidney, bladder, prostate and testicles. Apart from that, the medical team of the Department under the lead of Prof. Dr. med. Selami Albayrak successfully treats other common diseases, such as urinary tract infections, sexually transmitted diseases and injuries of urological organs.
In the Medipol Mega University Hospital in Istanbul, a particular emphasis is put on Pediatric Urology. The most common diagnoses in children are undescended testicle, groin pain hydrocele (water pouch in the bag), wrong location of urinary opening (hypospadias and epispadiyas). Additionally, the range of services also comprises treatment of bed-wetting, the return of urine from the bladder to the kidney, diseases of the foreskin and circumcision operation.
The range of services, offered by Department of Urology at the Medipol Mega University Hospital in Istanbul, includes, inter alia:
- Surgical treatment of prostate cancer; GreenlightTM Laser surgery (closed prostate surgery); treatment of incontinence (stress incontinence)
- Sexual dysfunction
- Treatment of kidney and urinary tract stones (closed / endoscopic kidney stone surgery, calculus breaking with ESWL- sound waves)
- Treatment of infertility (male infertility)
- Operative treatment of the urinary bladder tumors, prostate cancer, undescended testicles, varicocele, hypospadias, etc.
- 1994 - 2001: GATA Haydarpaşa Education and Research Hospital, Lecturer(Associate Professor), İstanbul
- 1987 - 1991: GATA Haydarpaşa Education and Research Hospital, Urology Specialist, Istanbul
- 1985 - 1987: Ankara Numune Hospital Emergency Service, General Practitioner, Istanbul
- 1979 - 1985: Atatürk University Medical Faculty, Erzurum
- 2011 - present: Medipol University Hospital, Urology Specialist (Professor), Istanbul
- 2008 - 2011: Dr. L. Kırdar Kartal Education and Research Hospital, Clinic Chief (Professor), Istanbul
- 2005 - 2008: Yeditepe University Medical Faculty, Urology Specialist, Istanbul
- 2003 - 2005: Dr. L. Kırdar Kartal Education and Research Hospital, Chief Physician, Istanbul
- 2001 - 2003: Dr. L. Kırdar Kartal Education and Research Hospital, Clinic Chief (Associate Professor), Istanbul
Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology.
Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home