Surgical ureteral cancer treatment with transurethral tumor excision (program ID: 317257)
Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul
Selami AlbayrakSpecialized in: adult and pediatric urology
Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- urological examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- inflammation indicators (CRP, ESR)
- indicators blood coagulation
- tumor marker, PSA
- ultrasound of the urogenital system
- CT/MRI of the abdomen and pelvis
- preoperative care
- transuretral tumor excision
- histologically and immunohistochemically
examination of the remote tissues
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- full hospital accommodation
- explanation of future recommendations
You may also book
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology at the Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment of genitourinary diseases in men and boys. Particular attention is paid to the surgical treatment of prostate cancer. The treatment of this pathology is also carried out using an innovative technique, namely high-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU). Depending on the clinical case, the surgical intervention can be open or laparoscopic / endoscopic. The department ranks among the best in the field of its competence in the country. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med.Selami Albayrak.
The department specializes in the treatment of urinary obstruction, prostatic hyperplasia, impotence, infertility, urinary incontinence, urolithiasis, kidney, bladder, prostate and testicular cancers. In addition, the department's experienced medical team successfully treats such urologic diseases as inflammatory diseases of the urinary tract, sexually transmitted diseases and urinary tract injuries.
The department’s specially trained team of experts treats young patients with urological diseases. The most common pathologies in children are undescended testes, inguinal hernia, hydrocele, incorrect location of the outer opening of the urinary tract (hypospadias and epispadias). Nocturnal urinary incontinence, vesicoureteral reflux, foreskin diseases and foreskin circumcision are also within the competence of paediatric urologists.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Drug and surgical treatment of prostate cancer
- Open surgical interventions
- High-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU)
- GreenLight laser therapy
- Diagnostics and treatment of urinary incontinence in men and women
- Diagnostics and treatment of erectile dysfunction
- Diagnostics and treatment of kidney stone disease
- Endoscopic kidney stone removal
- Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy
- Diagnostics and treatment of infertility in men
- Diagnostics and treatment of bladder tumors
- Diagnostics and treatment of urologic diseases in children
- Kidney tumors and cysts, kidney stones
- Ureteropelvic junction obstruction
- Ureterovesical junction obstruction
- Ureteral stricture
- Vesicoureteral reflux
- Bladder infections
- Undescended testes
- Spermatic cord cyst (funiculocele)
- Orchiepididymitis (testicular inflammation)
- Balanitis (glans penis inflammation) and posthitis (foreskin inflammation)
- Infectious lesions of the genitourinary system
- Diagnostics and treatment of other urologic pathologies
- 2006 Yeditepe University.
- 1994 Kartal Education and Research Hospital, Department of Urology.
- 1991 GATA Haydarpasa Training and Research Hospital, Department of Urology.
- 1985 Ataturk Medical University.
- 2011 Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul.
- 2006 - 2009 Association for the Protection of the Rights of Physicians.
- 2005 - 2008 Faculty of Medicine, Yeditepe University.
- 2001 - 2005 Kartal Education and Research Hospital.
- 1987 - 2001 GATA Haydarpasa Training and Research Hospital, Department of Urology.
- 1985 - 1987 Ankara Numune Hastanesi Hızır Hospital, Department of Emergency Care.
- 1991 Mevki Military Hospital.
- 1995 Hillel Yaffe Medical Center, Israel.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Surgical ureteral cancer treatment with transurethral tumor excision
- Hospital: Medipol Mega University Hospital Istanbul
- access_time Duration:
There are 85 ureteral cancer treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics