Natural childbirth (program ID: 625861)
Memorial Sisli Hospital Istanbul
Ahmet GocmenSpecialized in: gynecology, gynecologic oncology, urogynecology, obstetrics
Department of Gynecology, Gynecologic Oncology, Urogynecology and Obstetrics
For 2 weeks before birth:
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- physical examination
- review of medical records
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- biochemical analysis of blood
- indicators of inflammation (CRP, ESR)
- indicators blood coagulation
- pelvic ultrasound
- gynecological examination:
- transvaginal ultrasound
- scraping with subsequent analysis
- fetal examination:
- 4 D sonography
- determine fetal position before delivery
- nursing services
- observation by chief physician and all leading experts
- maintaining an obstetrician until birth
Day of birth
- gynecological examination
- fetal examination
- childbirth natural
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- full hospital accommodation
- explanation of future recommendations
- maintaining an obstetrician after birth
- examination during the postnatal period (during the first three weeks)
- control gynecological examinations during the postnatal period
- the first pediatric examination of the newborn
You may also book
About the department
The Department of Gynecology, Gynecologic Oncology, Urogynecology and Obstetrics at the Memorial Sisli Hospital Istanbul provides high-quality diagnostics and treatment of the full spectrum of diseases of the female genital organs. The area of competence of the department's specialists also includes the integrated management of pregnancy, including high-risk pregnancies and multiple pregnancies, delivery and postnatal care for the mother and baby. The treatment of the female genital oncopathologies is of particular interest to the department's gynecologists. Cancer treatment is based on an interdisciplinary approach – all the necessary experts from related fields are involved in the therapeutic process, including oncologists, radiation therapists, chemotherapists, surgeons and others. In addition, the department deals with the treatment of diseases of the pelvic organs. It provides effective therapy for all types of urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse. The clinical practice involves the use of only modern and most effective treatments, which make it possible to achieve excellent results both in simple benign pathologies and in especially complex forms of cancer. Much attention is paid to the preservation of reproductive function in young women. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Ahmet Gocmen.
The team of the department's gynecologists has all the necessary medical and technical resources to solve gynecological problems of any degree of complexity. The specialists conduct routine screenings to assess the state of the organs of the reproductive system, advise women on menstrual irregularities, menopause, hormonal disorders of gynecological genesis, etc. The department often treats women with urogynecological problems, such as urinary incontinence. The specialists of the department have the necessary professional skills and extensive experience for the successful treatment of all forms of urinary incontinence, including stress, urge, nocturnal, mixed and other forms. In most cases, it is enough for patients to have an intensive drug therapy, complemented by the regular performance of a special set of exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles. If conservative treatment does not give any positive dynamics, TVT and TOT sling procedures are considered. The interventions are performed using minimally invasive techniques, which significantly shortens the postoperative recovery period.
The focus of the department's gynecological team is on patients with oncological pathologies. The department successfully treats uterine cancer, cervical cancer, ovarian cancer, fallopian tube cancer, vulvar and vaginal cancer. As a rule, one of the most important procedures in the treatment protocol is a surgical resection of the tumor. In most cases, operations to treat cancer of the female genital organs are performed using minimally invasive and robot-assisted techniques, which makes it possible to shorten the hospitalization period for patients, provide them with a speedy recovery, as well as better aesthetic results due to the absence of noticeable scars. Nevertheless, surgery alone is often not enough for a complete cure from oncology. Depending on the specific clinical situation and indications, additional chemotherapy, radiation therapy, hormonal therapy, targeted therapy and other therapeutic measures are possible. The department's gynecologists achieve excellent treatment results due to the competent combination of surgical intervention with the above methods. Whenever possible, the specialists try to preserve fertility in women who want to become mothers in the future. Due attention is also paid to the psychological state of patients – the conversations with the department's competent psychologists help them overcome the emotional shock caused by the diagnosis of cancer, as well as set their mind on the successful treatment outcome.
The direction of obstetrics is represented by an excellent team of highly qualified doctors who take care of the safe course of pregnancy and childbirth. The state-of-art ultrasound equipment allows the doctors to effectively monitor the development of the fetus in the womb. The childbirth takes place in cozy and modern delivery rooms, equipped not only with an obstetric bed, but also with various aids for a successful delivery. To relieve pain during childbirth, the doctors use acupuncture, aromatherapy, massage, relaxation baths, peridural anesthesia and other methods. If necessary, a caesarean section can be performed. After giving birth, the mother and newborn are provided with competent care, the mother receives advice on the nutrition and care of the baby.
The department's rage of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of benign gynecologic diseases
- Uterine fibroids
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Infectious diseases of the female genital organs
- Menstrual irregularities
- Menopause and its manifestations
- Precancerous neoplasms in the vulva and vagina (for example, genital warts)
- Diagnostics and treatment of urogynecologic diseases
- Urinary incontinence
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Urge urinary incontinence
- Mixed urinary incontinence
- Nocturnal urinary incontinence
- Persistent urinary incontinence
- Neurogenic urinary incontinence
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Urinary incontinence
- Diagnostics and treatment of malignant gynecologic diseases
- Uterine cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Fallopian tube cancer
- Vulvar cancer
- Vaginal cancer
- Obstetric services
- Integrated management of pregnancy, including high-risk pregnancies, multiple pregnancies
- Delivery (natural childbirth and caesarean section)
- Postpartum care for mother and newborn
- Other medical services
- Since 2017 Head of the Department of Gynecology, Gynecologic Oncology, Urogynecology and Obstetrics at the Memorial Sisli Hospital Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2016 - 2017 Work in the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Emsey Hastanesi Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2012 - 2016 Head of the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Hospital at Istanbul Medeniyet University, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2005 - 2016 Head of the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Ümraniye Training and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2002 - 2005 Head of the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Hospital at Gaziantep University, Gaziantep, Turkey.
- 1999 - 2002 Chief Physician, Kayseri Maternity Hospital, Kayseri, Turkey.
- 1995 - 1999 Lecturer, Course on Endoscopic Surgery and Infertility, Faculty of Medicine, Dicle University, Diyarbakir, Turkey.
- 1993 - 1994 Lecturer, Perinatology Course, Faculty of Medicine, Dicle University, Diyarbakir, Turkey.
- 1988 - 1989 Compulsory Clinical Practice at Osmancık Çorum Dispensary, Corum, Turkey.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 1989 - 1993 Highly specialized training in Gynecology and Obstetrics, Faculty of Medicine, Dicle University, Diyarbakir, Turkey.
- 1982 - 1988 Study of Human Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Gazi University, Istanbul, Turkey.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Turkish Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics.
- Turkish Society of Gynecologic Oncology.
- Turkish Society for Minimally Invasive Surgery in Gynecological Oncology (Founding Member and Board Member).
- Turkish Society for Minimally Invasive Surgery in Gynecology.
- Turkish Society of Robot-Assisted Surgery in Gynecology (Founding Member).
- Society of European Robotic Gynaecological Surgery.
- European Society of Gynaecological Oncology.
- Turkish Society for Reproductive Medicine and Infertility (former Board Member).
- Turkish Society of Perinatology.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Memorial Şişli Hospital