Neurological Rehabilitation Centre Friedehorst Bremen
Department of Pediatric Neurological Rehabilitation (251271)
Specialized in: pediatric neurological rehabilitation
About the department
The Department of Pediatric Neurological Rehabilitation at the Neurological Rehabilitation Centre Friedehorst Bremen offers modern and highly effective rehabilitation procedures for children, adolescents and young people who have suffered diseases and injuries of the nervous system. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Rene Kakos.
The department includes excellently equipped diagnostic rooms, which serve to conduct such diagnostic tests as electroencephalography, electromyography, electroneurography, ultrasound scans, electrocardiography, perimetry, imaging tests (X-ray, CT, MRI), etc. The diagnostic results serve as the basis for developing an optimal rehabilitation scheme. The rehabilitation measures also take place in specially equipped rooms, under the strict supervision of the specialized doctors.
When treating young children and adolescents, doctors set themselves the goal of maximally restoring the lost functions of the nervous system and reintegrating the child into normal school and social life. During the treatment of young people with neurological disorders, the task of the rehabilitologists is also to restore the lost functions and reintegrate the patient into professional life. To achieve these goals, department’s specialists combine various rehabilitation techniques available in modern medicine.
The therapeutic spectrum of the department includes:
- Physical therapy
- Training on a treadmill
- Climbing in a specially equipped gym
- Vojta therapy
- Craniosacral therapy
- Therapeutic physical training (special sets of exercises, training on an ergometer, swimming, sports games in the gym)
- Massage and reflexology (for example, respiratory therapy, manual lymphatic drainage)
- Hydrotherapy and balneotherapy (salt baths, inhalation therapy, cryotherapy, thermotherapy)
- Group sports
- Psychomotor therapy (development of perception of one’s own body through playing behavior)
- Neuropsychological care to improve concentration, memory, visual and spatial perception, abstract thinking and social behavior
- Drug treatment
- Interval nutrition using probes
- Weaning from a tracheostomy
- Application of baclofen pumps
- Artificial ventilation at home
- Botulinum therapy for spasticity
- Affolter approach
- Sensory integration therapy
- Perfetti method
- Mirror therapy
- Proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation
- Ergotherapy using special equipment
- Medical taping
- Training to develop brain performance
- Writing and typing training
- Speech and language therapy (elimination of speech disorders, swallowing disorders)
- Music therapy
- Art therapy
- Other rehabilitation measures
Photo of the doctor: (c) Neurologisches Rehabilitationszentrum Friedehorst gemGmbH
Department of Pediatric Neurological Rehabilitation.
Neurological Rehabilitation Centre Friedehorst Bremen:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.