PAN Clinic Cologne
Department of Human Genetics (332383)
Specialized in: human genetics
About the department
The work of the Department of Human Genetics at the PAN Clinic Cologne is devoted to discovering the genetic causes of various diseases. A particular bias is made on the study of infertility problems and evaluation of genetic risks in its treatment. The purpose of such diagnostics is to identify the exact causes, so that patients may overcome their multiple fears. The head physician of the Department is Doctor of Medicine Martina Kreiss.
Specialists of this Department evaluate the medical history of the patient, his/her family and that of a partner. If necessary, a relevant physical examination is carried out. Based on all the necessary information, patients are explained their genetic risks, certain further diagnostic goals are recommended - especially if there is an existing or planned pregnancy. Moreover, we onduct cooperation with medical specialties, such as gynecology and andrology.
A significant advantage of the Department is preimplantation genetic diagnostics (PID), which gives many couples the hope of having a healthy baby, even if previous genetic diseases are found out or there are some concerns about the health of the child. As a licensed center for preimplantation genetic diagnostics, the department of genetics of PAN Clinic Cologne is one of the first institutions in Germany to perform diagnostics of artificially impregnated embryos using PID technology.
Main benefits and priorities of the department are:
- Pregnancy counseling
- Infertility counseling
- Family genetics counseling
- Counseling in case of known family oncologic syndromes
- Laboratory genetic diagnostics
- 1978 - 1985 Study of Human Medicine at the University of Bonn.
- 1985 Graduated Biologist.
- 1985 - 1992 Study of Human Medicine at the University of Bonn.
- 1993 - 1994 Medical Intern, St. Marien-Hospital Bonn, Internal Medicine.
- 1995 Licence to Practise Medicine (Approbation).
- Since 1995 Research Associate at the Institute of Human Genetics, University of Bonn.
- 2002 Doctoral Degree.
- 2004 Medical Specialist for Human Genetics.
- Since 2007 Senior Physician at the Institute of Human Genetics, University Hospital Bonn.
- Since 2009 Head of the Outpatient Clinic for Genetic Counseling at the Institute of Human Genetics, University Hospital Bonn.
- Since 2012 Medical Specialist at the Center of Medical Genetics of the Medical Care Center (MVZ) Venusberg GmbH, Bonn.
- Since 2016 Chief Physician of the Department of Human Genetics at the PAN Clinic Cologne.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Since 1996 German Society for Human Genetics.
- Since 2012 North Rhine Association of Human Geneticists.
- Since 2013 Professional Association of German Human Geneticists.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Pan Klinik
Department of Human Genetics.
PAN Clinic Cologne:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.