PAN Clinic Cologne
Department of Dermatology and Allergology (52)
Joerg Andreas Larsen
Specialized in: dermatology, allergology
About the department
The Department of Dermatology and Allergology at the PAN Clinic Cologne provides all modern diagnostic and therapeutic services in these medical fields. The team of the department's doctors deals with the treatment of various diseases of the skin and its appendages, including skin manifestations of allergic reactions. The competence of the department's specialists also includes the treatment of sexually transmitted diseases. The department performs a variety of modern aesthetic dermatological procedures to improve the appearance of the skin, including Botox and filler injections for the treatment of wrinkles. The therapeutic options include conservative treatment with drugs and ointments, modern laser therapy and photodynamic therapy. The department often performs outpatient surgical interventions. The skin manifestations of allergic reactions are successfully treated with drugs, ointments and specific immunotherapy. The treatment regimen is developed for each patient individually, based on the diagnosis and severity of the pathology. The department is headed by Dr. med. Joerg Andreas Larsen.
The special focus of the department's clinical practice is on the treatment of skin cancer. Melanoma is one of the most dangerous and aggressive malignant skin tumors. The treatment tactics depend on the stage of the oncological process. At the early stages, a good therapeutic result can be achieved with the help of photodynamic therapy. The standard treatment protocol for advanced melanoma includes surgery for tumor resection, chemotherapy and immunotherapy. The tumor removal often leaves a defect on the skin, so the department's dermatologists perform outpatient interventions for skin grafting and operations to close the defects with skin flaps.
The department's medical team also demonstrates excellent results in the treatment of acute and chronic inflammatory skin diseases. The medical facility most often admits patients with various types of eczema (atopic eczema, exsiccation eczematid, contact eczema, etc.) and psoriasis. The above mentioned diseases are associated with such unpleasant symptoms as red, flaky and itchy skin. The symptoms significantly impair the quality of life of patients, and therefore they require urgent treatment. To achieve remission of eczema and psoriasis, the department's specialists use pills and ointments, skin moisturizers, phototherapy and other methods.
The department has state-of-the-art laser technology, with the help of which dermatologists perform a variety of therapeutic procedures. Laser therapy is most often used for the removal of skin tumors, hemangiomas, spider veins, treatment of rosacea, wrinkles, skin pigmentation disorders, scar revision, unwanted hair removal and treatment of nail fungus. In addition, the department provides modern radiofrequency therapy for the treatment of wrinkles, cellulite reduction and skin tightening. The procedure involves the use of radiofrequency pulses that penetrate into the deep layers of the skin. Under the influence of high temperature, protein cell components (collagen spirals, elastin) become denser and harder. The use of radiofrequency therapy ensures excellent results.
Aesthetic dermatology is also an important part of the clinical activities of the department's doctors. The key focus is on treating wrinkles and performing other rejuvenation procedures. The main and the most effective methods for the treatment of wrinkles are injections of botulinum toxin, various fillers and hyaluronic acid. In addition, aesthetic dermatologists use innovative IPL skin rejuvenation, photodynamic therapy (it is based on the use of narrow-band light waves that trigger the natural regeneration of the skin), peeling for skin pigmentation disorders, acne and lipolysis – a procedure for the local removal of adipose tissue. With the help of lipolysis, the doctors can effectively remove excess subcutaneous adipose tissue in the abdomen, hips, buttocks, face, chin, etc., without resorting to surgical interventions.
The department's service range is complemented by the diagnostics and treatment of allergic diseases: hay fever, allergies to dust, animal fur, insect venom, medicines, food. To identify a particular type of allergy, the department uses a wide range of skin tests, including provocation tests, prick tests, epicutaneous and intradermal skin tests. When one or another type of allergy is confirmed, the patient receives the necessary treatment, which most often involves the intake of antiallergic drugs and specific immunotherapy.
The department's main clinical focuses include:
- Diagnostics and treatment of malignant skin tumors, including skin cancer screening
- Diagnostics and treatment of acute and chronic inflammatory skin diseases (focus on different types of eczema and psoriasis)
- Diagnostics and treatment of acne
- Diagnostics and treatment of bacterial skin diseases (for example, folliculitis, furunculosis, erysipelas)
- Diagnostics and treatment of viral skin diseases (herpes, shingles, warts and condylomata acuminata)
- Diagnostics and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases (genital warts, syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia, genital herpes and others)
- Diagnostics and treatment of hair and nail diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of allergies (hay fever, allergies to dust, animal fur, insect venom, drugs, food)
- Diagnostics and treatment of other dermatological and allergic diseases
The department's therapeutic options include:
- Photodynamic therapy (including at the initial stages of skin cancer)
- Chemotherapy and immunotherapy for skin cancer
- Drug therapy (pills and ointments)
- Laser therapy
- Removal of skin tumors
- Removal of hemangiomas
- Removal of spider veins
- Treatment of rosacea
- Treatment of wrinkles
- Treatment of skin pigmentation disorders
- Scar revision
- Unwanted hair removal
- Treatment of nail fungus
- Radiofrequency therapy for the treatment of wrinkles, cellulite reduction and skin tightening
- Outpatient skin surgery
- Removal of precancerous conditions and skin cancer
- Closure of skin defects using flap surgery
- Skin grafting
- Removal of large skin tumors on the head and body
- Removal of moles
- Laser scar revision and correction of keloid scars
- Laser removal of linear atrophies
- Plastic surgery for piercing hole repair
- Laser removal of warts
- Aesthetic dermatology
- Botox, filler and hyaluronic acid injections
- IPL skin rejuvenation
- Photodynamic therapy for skin rejuvenation
- Laser removal of unwanted hair
- Drug therapy (intake of antiallergic drugs and specific immunotherapy)
- Other medical services
Higher Education and Professional Career
- 1987 - 1993 Study of Human Medicine at the University of Cologne.
- 1993 Physician at the Institute of Pathology, University of Cologne.
- 1995 Preparation for board certification in Dermatology, Department of Dermatology and Venereology at the University Hospital Cologne (key clinical focuses: dermatohistopathology, allergology, dermatological laser therapy, plastic reconstructive dermatosurgery for the treatment of skin tumors).
- 01.01.2000 Private Practice in Cologne.
- 01.01.2002 Joint Private Practice Hohenstaufenring Cologne.
- 07.2010 Foundation of the Department of Dermatology and Allergology at the PAN Clinic Cologne.
Photo of the doctor: (c) PAN Klinik
Department of Dermatology and Allergology.
PAN Clinic Cologne:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.