PAN Clinic Cologne
Hernia Center (56)
Specialized in: general surgery
About the department
The Hernia Center at the PAN Clinic on Neumarkt offers a comprehensive hernia therapy and has many years of experience in this field. The department is headed by Dr. med. Bernd Stechemesser.
Thanks to many years of practice and extensive experience, the rate of relapses and chronic pain is minimized in the center. This can only be proved with constant quality control. Dr. med. Bernd Stechemesser participates in a special project "Herniamed" aimed at the assessment of medical care quality in the treatment of hernia.
The Hernia Center was awarded with a quality mark “Quality-assured hernia surgery” by the German Hernia Society. Each patient is provided with the best surgical technique corresponding to the latest medical achievements.
Through the use of 3-D technology in the process of laparoscopy, the Hernia Center has the latest technology in the field of endoscopic surgery and applies it for the treatment of hernia diseases every day. The high-grade Full-HD-imaging combined with the latest 3D technology provides an optimal coordination of hands and eyes. This helps a surgeon to maintain a high concentration during the surgical procedure.
The main focuses of the center include:
- Treatment of inguinal, umbilical, abdominal hernia
- Incisional hernia
- Recurrent hernia
- Sports hernia
- Laparoscopic surgery on the abdominal organs (gallbladder, appendix, stomach)
- 1982 - 1984 Studied Human Medicine at the Eberhard Karls University, Tübingen.
- 1984 - 1990 Finished studying Human Medicine at the FU Berlin.
- 1990 - 1991 AiP at the Surgical Department of the Wenckebach Hospital, Berlin-Tempelhof.
- 01/1992 - 02/1992 Research Associate of the Dermatological Clinic, TU Dresden.
- 03/1992 - 09/1992 Resident at the Surgical Department of the St. Marienkrankenhaus, Berlin-Lankwitz.
- 10/1992 - 09/2000 Resident at the Surgical Department of the Wenckebach Hospital, Berlin-Tempelhof.
- 09/2000- 07/2007 Department of Surgery, Vivantes Hospital Am Urban, Berlin-Kreuzberg.
- 08/2005-07/2007 The Head of the Department of Surgery, Vivantes Hospital Am Urban, Berlin-Kreuzberg.
- Since 08/2007 Head Physician at Vivantes Auguste-Viktoria-Klinikum Berlin-Schöneberg. Head of the local Hernia Center specializing in minimally invasive surgery.
- Since 05/2000 Organization of Hospitals Herniation Surgery courses. Certified hernia surgery training center.
- Since 08/2012 Head of the Hernia Center, Cologne.
- Hernia Surgery (certified training center)
- Diagnosis and treatment of chronic groin pain
- Microinvasive surgery
- Obesity Surgery
- Participation in numerous clinical trials in the field of hernia surgery
- Lectures and publications in the field of hernia surgery
- Scientific director and founder of the Berlin Hernia Days
- Berlin Surgical Society
- Professional Association of German Surgeons
- German Hernia Society
- European Hernia Society
- German Society of Surgery
- Association of Surgeons of Central Germany
Photo of the doctor: (c) Pan Klinik
PAN Clinic Cologne:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.