PAN Clinic Cologne
Department of Proctology and Endoscopy (65)
Specialized in: proctology, endoscopy
About the department
The Department of Proctology and Endoscopy at the PAN Clinic, headed by Priv. Doz. Dr. med. Hartmut Schäfer, specializes in endoscopy and treatment of rectal disorders. The Department offers the most advanced examination methods covering all types of endoscopic diagnosis and treatments for all gastrointestinal diseases. In addition, the department pays special attention to the treatment of rectal disorders. A team of doctors with a long experience and additional qualifications in endoscopic diagnosis and treatment is responsible for a thorough examination and medical care of the patient.
As a rule, the diagnostics is performed by the medical team of the Department less complex, quickly and largely painless. The goal of the diagnostics is to detect the causes of the gastrointestinal complaints. A great deal of attention is given to a calm, discreet atmosphere so that each patient can feel comfortable and safe.
The Department of Proctology and Endoscopy offers the following services:
- (Preventive) coloscopy
- Rectoscopy and proctoscopy
- Stomal therapy and follow-up treatment of tumor patients
- Sonography and rectal endosonography
The range of clinical services of the department includes:
- Rectal disorders
- Anal and perianal benign and malign tumors
- Gastrointestinal tumors
- Inflammatory bowel diseases
- Fecal incontinence and defecation disorders
- Study of Medicine in Cologne.
- 1989 Department of Surgery of the University Hospital Cologne (under the direction of Professor Pichlmaier).
- 1991 Doctoral Degree. Thesis: "Chronic heart failure with the administration of Ibopamine".
- 1991 – 1993 Training in Rome, Italy, with a grant from German Research Foundation.
- 1993 Back to the University Hospital Cologne.
- Until 07/2012, Senior Physician and Head of the Section of Surgical Endoscopy and Proctology of the Department of General, Abdominal, and Tumor Surgery at the University Hospital Cologne.
- Associate Professor at the University of Cologne, Member of the Examining Board for final medical examinations at the University of Cologne.
- Since 09/2010, Co-owner of the surgery for diseases of rectum and endoscopy at the PAN Clinic Cologne.
- Coloproctology (by the European Board of Surgical Qualification (EBSQ)).
Clinical and Research Focuses
- Treatment of colorectal disorders.
- Endoscopic diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal diseases.
Department of Proctology and Endoscopy.
PAN Clinic Cologne:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical coordinator will contact you within 24 hours and answer all questions that might interest you.
you will receive a reply shortly Home