Reproductive medicine: Reproductive medicine. Treatment
Haven't found Your diagnosis yet?
Send an inquiry to get a cost estimate on:
Prof. Dr. med. Hans van der VenCurriculum vitae keyboard_arrow_down
Berufstätigkeit und Ausbildung
- Seit 1994 Direktor der Abteilung für Gynäkologische Endokrinologie und Reproduktionsmedizin, Zentrum für Geburtshilfe und Frauenheilkunde, Universitätsklinikum Bonn
- 1991-1994 Associated Professor an der Unversity of Chicago, USA, Dept. of Obstetricts an Gynecology, Section of Endocrinology and Infertility, Director of Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART)
- 1989 Habilitation
- 1987-1991 Oberarzt an der Universitätsfrauenklinik Bonn
- 1987 Facharztanerkennung für Geburtshilfe und Frauenheilkunde
- 1982-1987 Facharztausbildung an der Medizinischen Hochschule Lübeck (1982 - 1984) und an der Universität Bonn (1984 - 1987)
- 1980-1982 Research Associate, University of Illinois, Chicago, USA, Department of Physiology and Biophysics
- 1980 Promotion, Universität Hamburg
- 1979 Approbation als Arzt, Universität Hamburg
- 1973-1979 Medizinstudium an den Universitäten in Gießen und Hamburg
Prof. Dr. med. Christian ThalerCurriculum vitae keyboard_arrow_down
Prof. Dr. C. J. Thaler was appointed University Professor at the Ludwig Maximilians University Hospital of Munich in 1998, where he now directs the special departments of gynaecological endocrinology, family planning and reproductive medicine. Before taking up this post he worked and studied in renowned hospitals and institutes at home and abroad, including the Center for Reproduction and Transplantation Immunology, Indianapolis, USA, the Center for Assisted Reproduction, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, the Medical School of Aberdeen, UK and the Department of Gynaecological Endocrinology of the Johann Wolfgang von Goethe University of Frankfurt am Main.
Professor Thaler is President of the German Society of Reproductive Medicine, the oldest and largest German Society involved in new diagnostic and therapeutic approaches of infertility. He is member of the executive board of the German Menopause Society and for some years was Vice-President of the American Society of Reproductive Immunology and is member in numerous national and international scientific societies. He is authorised to provide advanced training in the specialities of gynaecological endocrinology and reproductive medicine, and is an examiner in these fields for the Bavarian State Chamber of Medicine.
His main clinical and scientific interests lie in the areas of
- Ovarian function and the effects of trace elements and vitamins on this function;
- Mechanisms of embryonal nidation in the womb (implantation), and
- Hormonal and immunlogical processes during early pregnancy.
He is the author and co-author of numerous books and book contributions, and of a large number of scientific publications.
Dr. med. Stefan PalmCurriculum vitae keyboard_arrow_down
- Stefan Palm was born on September 11, 1945 in Unterkochen/Wurttemberg
- From 1951 to 1964, he attended school in Unterkochen, Neu-Ulm, Ulm, where he passed final school examination.
- After graduation from the school, he served in the armed forces from 1964 to 1972.
- From 1967 to 1972, Palm has been studying at the Faculty of Medicine at LMU Munich.
- In December 1972, he passed a medical state examination and passed Ph.D. defense in Munich.
- In 1973, he began working as an assistant doctor in Munich. In December 1973, he passed evaluation test and received an admission to medical practice.
- From 1974 to 1976, Palm has been working as a research fellow in the department of clinical chemistry and biochemistry of the surgical clinic of Munich University in the central part of the city (Professor H. Fritz – acrosomal proteases, kallikrein-kinin system).
- In 1976-1977, he received a DFG scholarship in the C. S. Mott Center for Human Growth and Development at Wayne State University, Detroit/USA (Professor TN Evans, Professor K.S. Moghissi – Proteinases, Vitelline Layer and Fertilization).
- In 1977-1988 he has been working as a research assistant at the 1st Gynecological Clinic in Munich (Professor Zander, Professor Kindermann), since 1981 member of the working group on in vitro fertilization: follicular microenvironment and in vitro fertilization (with the assistance of DFG).
- In 1984, he was awarded the qualification of an obstetrician-gynecologist.
- In 1988, the opening a private medical practice in Cologne for the establishment of gynecological endocrinology and reproductive medicine center within the framework of joint medical practice in Haubrichforum.
- In 1989-1991, Stefan Palm has been holding the position of director of the "Joint Medical Practice in Haubrichforum".
- In 1989, he received the right of upgrading in the specialty "Obstetrics and Gynecology".
- In 1997, he passed an optional retraining on the specialty of gynecological endocrinology and reproductive medicine, as well as a course in the specialty "Laboratory research in obstetrics and gynecology".
- 1999 – foundation of PAN Klinik am Neumarkt in Cologne and Organisationsgemeinschaft Praxisklinik am Neumarkt (organizational community of private medical practice, and the interdisciplinary center for gynecological endocrinology and reproductive medicine (gynecology, urology/andrology, human genetics and psychosomatics).
- In 1999, he took a position of a doctor in charge of the gynecological endocrinology and reproductive medicine department, as well as the director of the medical unit in gynecological department of PAN Klinik am Neumarkt.
- 2002 – foundation of the PAN Institute of Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine. In the same year, he received permission from the PAN Klinik am Neumarkt Department of Gynecology for further upgrading and full permission for further upgrading in gynecological endocrinology and reproductive medicine.
- In November 2006, the department of gynecological endocrinology and reproductive medicine was approved by the "PAN Clinic" for clinical advance training (the Association of Physicians of the North Rhine).
Palm is a member of the Professional Union of Gynecologists, the German Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Federal Union of Reproductive Medicine Centers of Germany, the German Reproductive Medicine Society, the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology ESHRE, the European Society of Gynecologic Endoscopy, the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, the International Society for the Study of the Aging Male (ISSAM), Medical Association of Reproductive Medicine of the North Rhine.