Rambam Health Care Campus Haifa
Department of Hand Surgery (302868)
Specialized in: hand surgery
About the department
The Department of Hand Surgery at the Rambam Health Care Campus Haifa offers the diagnostics and treatment of severe traumatic injuries, diseases and malformations of the upper limbs. Thanks to extensive clinical and surgical activities, the department is recognized as the best medical facility in the area of its specialization in Haifa and in the north of the country. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Dan Hutt.
The department successfully performs diagnostic and therapeutic arthroscopic procedures, implantation of electrodes and reconstructive operations for congenital deformities and injuries. It also provides primary medical care for traumatic injuries of the upper limbs, including military injuries. The department performs reconstructive procedures for severe skin diseases, damage to nerve fibers and tumor diseases of the hand. The department's specialists have the most advanced medical technologies, such as microscopic surgery and electrical stimulation through the implanted electrodes.
The key focuses of the department's work include:
- Diagnostics and treatment of dislocated shoulder
- Medical examination
- Shoulder reduction
- Immobilization (provision of temporary immobility of the joint by applying a splint or sling)
- Drug therapy (prescription of muscle relaxants and painkillers in order to reduce the severity of symptoms during shoulder healing)
- Surgical treatment (operations on the joint capsule, bones, muscles, reconstruction of ligaments, which fix the humeral head, combined interventions)
- Rehabilitation measures
- Diagnostics and treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome
- Conservative treatment
- Use of orthosis for the prevention of unwanted wrist movements
- Corticosteroid injections
- Use of anti-inflammatory drugs
- Administration of diuretics
- Surgical treatment
- Open surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Conservative treatment
- Diagnostics and treatment of finger arthritis
- Conservative treatment (use of hard and soft fixation dressings, physiotherapy)
- Surgical treatment (in most cases, this is arthrodesis)
- Wrist arthroscopy (for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes)
- Arthroscopic synovectomy
- Reposition and osteosynthesis of bone fragments
- Treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome
- Joint sanitation and flushing
- Treatment of joint instability (suturing, vaporization, radiofrequency ablation of ligaments)
- Treatment of injuries of the fibrocartilaginous complex (suturing, resection or debridement)
- Detection and removal of bone-cartilage or other foreign bodies from the joint cavity
- Reconstructive surgeries for congenital deformities of the upper limbs (for example, syndactyly, polydactyly, oligodactyly, primary muscle contracture, arthrogryposis)
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic options
Dr. Dan Hutt graduated from the Faculty of Medicine at the Ben Gurion University of the Negev in 1993. He completed his residency in Orthopedic Surgery in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery and a second residency in Hand Surgery in the Department of Hand Surgery at the Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer. Dr. Hutt also completed a clinical fellowship in Microsurgery at the Department of Hand, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery of the BG-Trauma Center in Ludwigshafen, Germany.
After his return from Germany, Dr. Hutt worked as a Senior Surgeon in the Department of Hand Surgery at the Sheba Medical Center. In 2010, he took the post of the Head of the Department of Hand Microsurgery at the Ichilov Medical Center. Since 2015, Dr. Hutt has been heading the Department of Hand Surgery at the Rambam Health Care Campus Haifa.
Dr. Hutt specializes in various aspects of hand surgery and microsurgery, ranging from surgery under local anesthesia, treatment of simple and complex trauma to reconstructive hand surgery.
He is a member of the Israeli Association of Hand Surgery.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Rambam Health Care Campus Haifa
Department of Hand Surgery.
Rambam Health Care Campus Haifa:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.