Rambam Health Care Campus Haifa
Department of Adult and Pediatric Oral, Maxillofacial Surgery (302870)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric oral, maxillofacial surgery
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Oral, Maxillofacial Surgery at the Rambam Health Care Campus Haifa provides the high-quality diagnostics and treatment of pathologies of the oral cavity, jaw and face in patients of various age categories. Medical care can be provided both on an inpatient and outpatient basis. Of particular interest are the detection and treatment of oral cancer. The department has state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment, for example, MRI, CT, PET-CT, which provides the selection of the optimal treatment method. It employs the highly qualified specialists who make every effort to achieve the best result, including the aesthetic one. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Adi Rachmiel.
The department's clinical focuses include:
- Diagnostics and treatment of maxillofacial injuries, including reconstructive surgery
- Diagnostics and treatment of benign and malignant maxillofacial neoplasms
- Orthognathic surgery for the correction of maxillofacial deformities
- Lateral, sagittal or vertical deformities of the upper or lower jaw
- Anterior and posterior open bite
- Facial asymmetry
- Diagnostics and treatment of craniomaxillofacial deformities
- Cleft lip and palate
- Hemifacial microsomia
- Treacher Collins syndrome
- Pierre Robin sequence
- Crouzon syndrome
- Apert syndrome
- Distraction osteogenesis for posttraumatic reconstruction, correction of craniomaxillofacial deformities, cleft palate and obstructive sleep apnea
- Diagnostics and surgical, endoscopic and drug treatment of pathologies of the temporomandibular joint and salivary glands
- Diagnostics and treatment of maxillofacial bone tissue diseases
- Bisphosphonate-related osteonecrosis of the jaw
- Diagnostics and treatment of simple and complicated head and neck infections
- Dental services, including dental implantology
- Postresection maxillofacial reconstructive surgery
- Preprosthetic surgery
- Alveolar ridge augmentation using autogenous and exogenous bone grafting
- Distraction osteogenesis
- Segmental mandibular osteotomy
- Dentoalveolar surgery
- Other medical services
Prof. Adi Rachmiel is the Chief Physician of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Oral, Maxillofacial Surgery at the Rambam Health Care Campus Haifa. He is also a Clinical Associate Professor at the Faculty of Medicine of the Technion – Israel Institute of Technology.
Prof. Rachmiel began his career at Rambam in 1985 and later completed a fellowship in Craniomaxillofacial Surgery at Providence Hospital in Michigan, USA.
His main clinical interests are management of oral and maxillofacial deformities, orthognathic surgery, cleft palate surgery, facial trauma, alveolar ridge reconstruction, distraction osteogenesis and the influence of growth factors to improve osteogenesis, treatment of benign and malignant tumors of the oral cavity and jaws, obstructive sleep apnea in children and adults with integrated three-dimensional imaging methods for evaluating the etiology of the obstruction and innovative surgical planning to lengthen the jaws.
His main research interests are bone augmentation during distraction osteogenesis and application of growth factors to improve the osteogenesis, management of obstructive sleep apnea. Prof. Rachmiel is among the pioneers in the development of this method in both research and clinical cases. He completed a PhD at the Technion on the subject: "Characterization of membranous bone regeneration following osteotomy and gradual distraction. Effect of TGF-β on the osteogenesis process".
Prof. Rachmiel is a Member and Israeli Representative of the European Association of Cranio-Maxillo-Facial Surgery (EACMFS) and a Member of the International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. He is also an Instructor at AOCMF in Davos, Switzerland, which specializes in the manufacture and design of implants for the repair and reconstruction of facial bones.
Prof. Rachmiel has published over 90 articles and various book chapters in the international literature. In addition, he is a keynote lecturer in numerous national and international conferences, amongst them are Plenary and Symposium lectures.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Rambam Health Care Campus Haifa
Department of Adult and Pediatric Oral, Maxillofacial Surgery.
Rambam Health Care Campus Haifa:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.