Rambam Health Care Campus Haifa
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (302870)
Specialized in: oral and maxillofacial surgery
About the department
The Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Rambam Health Care Campus specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of pathologies of the oral cavity, jaws and face in children and adults. The Department is headed by Prof. Adi Rachmiel, specialist in the management of maxillofacial deformities, orthognathic surgery, cleft palate and facial trauma surgery, treatment of benign and malignant tumors of the oral cavity and jaw, obstructive sleep apnea in children and adults. The patients are treated on an inpatient and outpatient basis. The Department is staffed by highly professional specialists with a long experience and profound knowledge in their field of specialization. Apart from clinical activities, special attention is given to the education of medical students and clinical research.
The clinical focuses of the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Rambam Health Care Campus under the direction of Prof. Adi Rachmiel include:
- Oral and maxillofacial traumas and post-traumatic reconstructive surgery
- Diagnosis and treatment of benign and malignant lesions of the oral and maxillofacial area
- Orthognathic surgery for the correction of maxillofacial deformities (e.g. anterior and posterior open bite, facial asymmetry)
- Craniomaxillofacial deformities (e.g. cleft lip and palate, hemifacial microsomia, Treacher-Collins syndrome, Pierre Robin sequence, Crouzon syndrome, Aperts syndrome)
- Distraction osteogenesis for post-traumatic reconstructive procedures, correction of craniomaxillofacial deformities and obstructive sleep apnea
- Surgical, endoscopic and medical treatment of temporomandibular joint and salivary gland pathologies
- Osteomyelitis, osteoradionecrosis and other forms of bone pathology
- Postresection maxillofacial reconstructive surgery
- Simple and complex head and neck infections
- Preprosthetic surgery (e.g. asalveolar bone augmentation using autogenic and exogenic bone grafting, segmental osteotomy)
- Dental implantology
The Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Rambam is also focused on the diagnosis and treatment of oral cancer. There is all the state-of-the art equipment, such as MRI, CT, PET-CT to ensure the most accurate diagnosis and the determination of an optimal treatment option.
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Rambam Health Care Campus Haifa:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home