Rambam Health Care Campus Haifa
Department of Vascular Surgery (302873)
Specialized in: vascular surgery
The Department of Vascular Surgery at Rambam Health Care Campus, led by Prof. Aharon Hoffman, provides both diagnosis and treatment of vascular diseases, including chronic and severe conditions and vascular traumas. In close collaboration with the Department of Nephrology, the medical team also performs kidney transplantations from the deceased and living donors for the patients with the end stage renal failure. Thus, the Department has performed about 500 kidney transplants.
To provide patients with an optimal medical care, the Department of Vascular Surgery at Rambam uses the latest technologies and the most advanced diagnostic and treatment techniques, such as US-, CT-, MRI-guided operations. These are but a few examples of the advanced techniques used for the benefit of the patients.
In addition, the medical team of the Department under the direction of Prof. Aharon Hoffman is involved in the research and development of new effective procedures for the wellbeing of the patients.
The Department of Vascular Surgery at Rambam Health Care Campus, led by Prof. Aharon Hoffman, offers the following treatments:
- Treatment of aortic aneurysm
- Treatment of varicose veins
- Correction of the carotid artery
- Implantation of prostheses in carotid artery stenosis
- Implantation of prostheses in aortic aneurysm
- Peripheral vascular bypass surgery
- Renal artery bypass surgery
- Surgery to install shunts for dialysis
- Surgical treatment of hyperhidrosis (thoracoscopic sympathectomy)
- Haifa, Israel