Rambam Health Care Campus Haifa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology (302876)
Specialized in: obstetrics, gynecology
About the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Rambam Health Care Campus Haifa
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Rambam Health Care Campus Haifa offers the most advanced methods for the diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the female reproductive organs. The experienced obstetricians of the department provide optimal monitoring of the pregnancy, including high-risk pregnancies, safe childbirth and delicate postpartum care. The department has 90 beds, as well as 6 specialized sections and research laboratories. In addition, the department operates the In Vitro Fertilization Center, whose specialists often manage to fulfill the cherished dream of women – to become a mother. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Amit Amnon.
The department includes the Section of Endoscopic Surgery, the Section of Gynecologic Oncology, the Section of Ultrasound Diagnostics and the Sperm Bank. In addition, the department houses the Section of Emergency Care, which has an operating room. The operating room is equipped with everything necessary for all gynecological procedures, including laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgery, open surgical procedures and specialized procedures (for example, vaginal rejuvenation, pelvic floor reconstruction, etc.). It is worth noting that almost all operations are laparoscopic, which significantly reduces a hospitalization period, the risk of infection and pain.
In addition to the provision of high-quality medical care, the team of the department's doctors is actively involved in numerous research works in the area of their specialization. Particular attention should be given to the research on medical abortion during the first and second trimesters, as well as the early diagnostics of asymptomatic deep vein thrombosis in women undergoing chemotherapy.
Of special interest to the department's specialists is the detection and treatment of cancer lesions of the female reproductive organs. It offers the very latest methods for the diagnostics and treatment of malignant diseases of the uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, vagina and vulva. The doctors use unique methods of surgical and comprehensive treatment in order to achieve a high level of survival even in metastatic cancer. The doctors also make every effort to preserve reproductive function in women after the operation to treat cancer. The department's medical staff ensures the high-quality medical services and provides patients with psychological support.
The experts in the field of in vitro fertilization have long experience in this procedure. The department performs numerous diagnostic and therapeutic manipulations, which aim to determine the causes of infertility and eliminate problems with conception and pregnancy preservation. The department is the only Israeli medical facility where IVF is performed for women with hepatitis or AIDS, as well as for carriers of the hepatitis or HIV.
The team of the department's obstetricians is responsible for the comprehensive prenatal diagnostics, high-quality pregnancy management, postpartum care for both mother and baby. Childbirth takes place in the modern delivery rooms, which are equipped with everything necessary for a successful childbirth. The department's doctors strictly meet the treatment protocols and standards, due to which ensure high-quality medical service.
The main activities of the department include:
- Early diagnostics and treatment of precancerous diseases of the cervix, vagina and vulva
- Cervical smear test (PAP-test)
- Diagnostics and treatment of haemorrhages after intercourse and violations of the regularity of the ovarian menstrual cycle
- Treatment of condylomas in women and men
- Diagnostics and treatment of dermatological and infectious lesions of the vulva and labia
- Diagnostics and treatment of chronic vaginal inflammations
- Diagnostics and treatment of vestibulitis (pain, which occurs during intercourse at the time of introduction of the penis into the vagina)
- Diagnostics and treatment of urinary tract inflammations
- Diagnostics and conservative treatment of uterine fibroids by means of embolization
- Hysteroscopic surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery to remove the uterus, ovaries or cysts of the reproductive organs
- Surgery to correct the uterine and vaginal prolapse
- Electric cervical conization
- Polyp removal
- Robot-assisted surgery (da Vinci surgical system)
- Ultrasound diagnostics
- Screening during the first and second trimesters
- Ultrasound examinations of the congenital malformations
- Fetal echocardiography
- Amniotic fluid testing
- Chorionic villus sampling
- Umbilical cord testing for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes
- Partial-birth abortion
- Treatment of ectopic pregnancy
- Medical abortion
- Surgical abortion (curettage)
- Postpartum care
- Ultrasound diagnostics
- In vitro fertilization (within the specialized center)
- Other medical services
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Amit Amnon
- 1989 Graduated with honors from the Faculty of Medicine at the Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel, and became Doctor of Medicine.
- Internship in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Emek Medical Center.
- 1998 - 2000 Advanced training in Female Cancers at the Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas.
- Currently, Dr. Amit Amnon is the Chief Physician of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Rambam Health Care Campus Haifa.
- 2006 - 2014 Head of the Section of Gynecologic Oncology at the Rambam Health Care Campus Haifa.
- He held leading clinical positions, and was also the Leading Specialist and Consultant of major Maccabi and Clalit Health Care Services in Israel.
- Development of modern techniques and diagnostic criteria for ultrasound examination in gynecology.
- Improvement of computed and positron emission tomography protocols.
- Examination of the effects of chemotherapy and radiation therapy on the patients with cervical cancer.
- Diagnostics, treatment and prevention of thrombotic complications in patients with malignant neoplasms of the female reproductive organs.
- Rehabilitation and improvement of the quality of life after cancers.
- Research in the field of new drug therapy protocols for ovarian cancer.
Teaching Career and Publications
- Since 2001 and to the present day, Dr. Amit Amnon has been Leading Lecturer in the Department of Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, as well as the Faculty of Nursing. He was repeatedly recognized as the Best Lecturer of the Year.
- The author of numerous works, scientific publications and researches in the field of diagnostics and treatment of malignant tumors.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Israeli Board of Gynecologists.
- American College of Gynecologic Oncologists.
- European Society of Gynecology.
- International College of Oncologists.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Rambam Health Care Campus Haifa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Rambam Health Care Campus Haifa:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.