Rambam Health Care Campus Haifa
Department of Pulmonology (302884)
Specialized in: pulmonology
About the department
The Department of Pulmonology at the Rambam Health Care Campus Haifa provides top-class medical services for patients suffering from lung diseases. The diagnostics and treatment can be carried out both on an inpatient and outpatient basis. The department has advanced technologies in the field of diagnostic and therapeutic bronchoscopy, and also specializes in invasive procedures, such as pleural biopsy and pleural puncture. The patients receive medical care from the highly qualified doctors who regularly demonstrate excellent treatment results. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Mordechai Yigla.
The department's key focuses include the diagnostics and treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases, lung tumors, pulmonary hypertension, obstructive sleep apnea, chronic cough and rare respiratory diseases. In addition, the team of the department's pulmonologists has extensive experience in the treatment of patients with secondary lung lesion in systemic diseases, lung lesions caused by intake of medications, as well as patients with lung diseases due to immunodeficiency (bone marrow recipients).
To achieve the best treatment result, the department operates the highly-specialized sections, such as the Section for Pulmonary Hypertension, the Section for Fibrovascular Diseases, the Section for Oxygen and Respiratory Support, as well as the Laboratory for Pulmonary Function Testing.
The department also conducts active research activities aimed at the detection of respiratory failure during sleep caused by bronchial asthma, analysis of the clinical and epidemiological aspects of sarcoidosis in northern Israel, etc.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of lung cancer
- Squamous cell or epidermoid carcinoma
- Large cell undifferentiated carcinoma
- Chest X-ray
- Sputum cytology
- Imaging diagnostics (CT, MRI and PET)
- Surgical treatment: pulmonary wedge resection, segmentectomy, lobectomy, pneumonectomy
- Chemotherapy: neoadjuvant and adjuvant chemotherapy
- Radiation therapy: tele-irradiation, high-dose brachytherapy
- Targeted therapy
- Palliative and symptomatic therapy
- Diagnostics and treatment of bronchial asthma
- Diagnostics and treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Diagnostics and treatment of pulmonary hypertension
- Diagnostics and treatment of respiratory failure during sleep
- Diagnostics and treatment of chronic cough
- Diagnostics and treatment of rare lung diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of other pulmonological diseases
Dr. Mordechai Yigla is the Chief Physician of the Department of Pulmonology at the Rambam Health Care Campus Haifa.
Dr. Yigla graduated (cum laude) from the Rappaport Faculty of Medicine of the Technion (Israel Institute of Technology) and completed his residency in Internal Medicine at Rambam.
He has published dozens of research articles, most prominent of which address pulmonary hypertension in patients with end-stage renal failure on chronic hemodialysis therapy. His main areas of interest are pulmonary hypertension and pulmonary injury in immune-compromised patients. The Department of Pulmonology headed by Dr. Yigla has trained numerous residents who now occupy senior positions in Pulmonary Clinics in Israel.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Rambam Health Care Campus Haifa
Department of Pulmonology.
Rambam Health Care Campus Haifa:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.