Rambam Health Care Campus Haifa
Department of Pediatric Orthopedics (302905)
Specialized in: pediatric orthopedics
The Department of Pediatric Orthopedics at Rambam Health Care Campus under the direction of Prof. Mark Eidelman is the leading center in Northern Israel dealing with the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the musculoskeletal system in children, including injuries and fractures. The Department is among the national and world leaders in the Taylor Spatial Frame technology for highly accurate repair of deformities and elongation of the limbs.
The specialists of the Department have extensive experience in repairing skeletal deformities, in limb elongation, early detection and treatment of congenital dislocated hip and many other disorders, as well as in the preventive treatment using the Ponseti method for clubfoot. In addition, the Department of Pediatric Orthopedics, led by Prof. Mark Eidelman, maintains close cooperation with the Emergency Department of Rambam Health Care Campus to provide emergency care and receives patients from other hospitals.
The medical team of the Department also participates in a variety of leading research activities in pediatric orthopedics, including hip pathologies in children, clubfoot and traumas.
The Department of Pediatric Orthopedics at Rambam Health Care Campus under the direction of Prof. Mark Eidelman offers the following medical services:
- Ultrasound (sonography) of the hip joints to diagnose congenital dislocations in children
- Pelvic osteotomy
- Hip distraction
- Hip dysplasia
- Elongation of the limbs using the Ilizarov technique
- Radiofrequency ablation for osteoid osteoma
- Surgical treatment of paralysis of the brachial plexus
- Treatment of pathology and deformity of the lower limbs
- Minimally invasive percutaneous surgery to repair Hallux Valgus
- Treatment of Perthes disease
- Haifa, Israel