University Hospital RWTH Aachen
Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Plastic Surgery (278201)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric otolaryngology, head and neck plastic surgery
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Plastic Surgery at the University Hospital RWTH Aachen offers the full range of services for the diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the ear, throat and nose, as well as modern plastic interventions in the head and neck. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Martin Westhofen.
Medical care is provided both on an inpatient and outpatient basis. It is also possible to carry out operations within the outpatient operating room. One of the priorities is cochlear implantation in children and adults, including follow-up rehabilitation. The highly qualified doctors with deep expert knowledge and long successful experience in the treatment of clinical cases of all degrees of severity take care of the patients' health.
The diagnostics of diseases of ENT organs is carried out with the use of the most modern equipment. The most common diagnostic tests include laryngoscopy, otoscopy, electronystagmography, audiometry, ultrasound examinations, endoscopic diagnostic procedures, etc. Thus, the doctors have all the resources in order to make an accurate diagnostics and select the optimal therapy strategy adapted to the patient’s individual needs.
The main focuses of the department’s clinical practice include:
- Diagnostics, conservative and surgical treatment of diseases of the ear, throat, nose
- Plastic reconstructive and aesthetic surgery in the head and neck
- Microsurgical interventions on the ear
- Hearing improvement surgery, including cochlear implantation in children and adults
- Rehabilitation after cochlear implantation in children (within the specialized center)
- Microsurgical operations for the treatment of pathologies of the skull base, ear, nose, paranasal sinuses, orbit
- Laryngeal microsurgery
- Diagnostics and treatment of dizziness
- Other medical services
Photo of the doctor: (c) Uniklinik RWTH Aachen
Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Plastic Surgery.
University Hospital RWTH Aachen:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.