Samsung Medical Center Seoul
Department of Adult and Pediatric Anesthesiology, Pain Therapy (403638)
Lee Sang Min
Specialized in: adult and pediatric anesthesiology, pain therapy
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Anesthesiology, Pain Therapy at the Samsung Medical Center offers the full range of services in these medical fields. The specialization of the department covers anesthesia for simple operations, uncomfortable diagnostic procedures and extensive complex interventions, as well as for the treatment of chronic pain. The experienced doctors of the department determine the patient's condition before the operation, provide the necessary assistance during the operation, monitor the course of the operation to maintain patient’s optimal condition and help with postoperative recovery. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Lee Sang Min.
Each anesthetic procedure is performed by professors with high qualifications in the specific type of anesthesia. Clinical practice is based on modern standards and rich experience of the specialists.
The department’s range of services includes anesthesia for the following interventions:
- Organ transplantation
- Cardiovascular surgery
- Robotic surgery
- Surgery to treat diseases of the brain and nervous system, including in children
- Lung and esophageal surgery
- Otolaryngological interventions
- Surgery to treat urologic diseases
- Thyroid surgery
- MRI and CT scans (also in children)
- Orthopedic intervention in children
- Other surgical interventions
In addition, the scope of tasks of the department includes the treatment of chronic pain of different localization. For this purpose, the department uses drug therapy, the very latest methods of physiotherapy, nerve blocks, neurolysis and other effective techniques. In interdisciplinary collaboration with other departments, it treats pains in the musculoskeletal system, including herpetic and postherpetic pain, low back pain, myofascial pain, headaches and pain in the face, shoulders, neck, abdomen, phantom pains, severe regional pain syndromes and cancer pain.
- Study of Medicine at the Seoul National University.
- Fellow of the Seoul Asan Medical Center.
- Residency at the Seoul National University Hospital.
- Internship at the Hankook Hospital.
- 1996.07 - 1997.06 University of Pittsburgh, USA, liver transplantation, Clinical Fellowship.
- 1997.07 - 1998.06 University of Maryland, USA, Laboratory, Visiting Professorship.
- 2003.07 Cleveland Clinic Foundation, USA, Cardiac Anesthesia, Visiting Professorship.
- 2003.08 Mayo Clinic, USA, Echocardiography Laboratory, Visiting Professorship.
Clinical and Research Interests
- Cardiac anesthesia.
- Intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography.
Membership in the Academic Societies
- Since 1995.05 Member of Society of Cardiovascular
- Since 1997.03 Member of Korean Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists.
- Since 2008.12 Member of Korean Society of Intensive Care Medicine.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Samsung Medical Center
Department of Adult and Pediatric Anesthesiology, Pain Therapy.
Samsung Medical Center Seoul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.