Samsung Medical Center Seoul
Department of Adult and Pediatric Dentistry, Maxillofacial Surgery (403640)
Park Ki Tae
Specialized in: adult and pediatric dentistry, maxillofacial surgery
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Dentistry, Maxillofacial Surgery at the Samsung Medical Center offers the full range of services and specializes in the treatment of diseases of teeth, gums, maxillofacial pathologies, including malocclusion, in adults and children. The state-of-the-art dental equipment and high professionalism of the department’s medical team contribute to the excellent service for patients. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. dent. Park Ki Tae.
As a highly specialized clinic, the department consists of six sections responsible for a specific narrow field of dentistry: Section of Maxillofacial Surgery, Section of Pediatric Dentistry, Section of Orthodontics, Section of Conservative Dentistry, Section of Prosthodontics, Section of Periodontology. In addition, in the department has Practices for Implantology, Dental Caries Prevention, Aesthetic Dentistry, Pediatric Orthodontics, specialized practices for disabled children, etc. In especially severe clinical cases, to ensure comprehensive treatment, experts from the related fields are involved.
The medical team of pediatric dentists gets on well with young patients and has deep knowledge of their specialization. Each child is selected an optimal treatment strategy with due consideration of the patient's age and individual needs.
The service range of the department includes:
- Maxillofacial surgery
- Maxillofacial diseases
- Maxillofacial injuries
- Maxillofacial deformities
- Teeth alignment
- Correction of malocclusion
- Correction of the shape of the face
- Correction of congenital anomalies (for example, cleft lip and palate)
- Other services
- Conservative dentistry
- Dental caries treatment
- Dental caries prevention
- Treatment of toothache
- Treatment of inflammatory processes in the tooth root
- Correction of the injured teeth
- Correction of deformities and abnormal teeth growth
- Other services
- Pediatric dentistry
- Treatment of gum disease (also surgical)
- Tartar treatment
- Surgical alveolar bone augmentation
- Implantation of artificial teeth
- Other services
- Study of Dentistry at the Yonsei University College of Dentistry.
- Residency at the Pediatric Dentistry, New York University, Orthodontics, Northwestern University.
- New York University, Dental Materials Science, Yonsei University.
- PhD in Pediatric Dentistry, Northwestern University.
- MS in Orthodontics.
Clinical and Research Interests
- Early orthodontic and orthopedic treatment for children and adolescents.
- Orthodontic treatment for cleft lip and palate patients.
- Preventive dental care for children and adolescents.
Membership in the Academic Societies
- Director of International Affairs, Korean Academy of Pediatric Dentistry.
- Vice President, Korean Academy of Pediatric Dentistry.
- Director of Postgraduate Training, Korean Association of Dental Education.
- Active Member, Korean Association of Orthodontics.
- Director, Pediatric Dentistry Association of Asia.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Samsung Medical Center
Department of Adult and Pediatric Dentistry, Maxillofacial Surgery.
Samsung Medical Center Seoul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.